DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Safety recall?

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  belle 
#1 ·
Just got a recall letter in the mail for my '11 outdoorsman.

"Rear axle pinion nut on your truck may have been built without an adhesive patch on the pinion nut threads. The lack of this adhesive patch could allow the rear axle pinion nut to loosen and/or the rear driveshaft to deprecate from the rear axle...... Could cause loss of motive power which could cause a crash without warning."

Then it says they do not have the parts to fix this issue yet!! Wtf. Anyone else get this?

#4 ·
It's interesting that they send me a notice saying I could crash because of something they forgot to put on my truck after I drove it for 2 years and in the same letter they tell me they can't fix it yet. I don't expect anything will happen but I'd rather not know about it until it could be fixed I think. I have a '13 Sport on order so hopefully the dealer will have to worry about this instead of me.

#7 ·
I feel exactly the same way, I mean WTF..... :4-dontknow: I just got mine in the mail today, says the same thing. There is a defect but we can't fix it right now. So now what are we suppose to do, drive until it fails. This is such BS.

#5 ·
recall notice

I actually got mine in the mail 3 week ago. Being the ass I am I called the dealer and asked if they had any idea when the parts would be in and they...being the usual informed dealership they are said they had no idea. So I called Chrysler and the customer service rep immediately notified me there was a recall when I gave her the VIN number. When I asked about getting that fixed she basically said they would send me another letter.:smiley_thumbs_up: I Finished by saying something not nice but then again I am known to be an ass. Seriously why would a company not prioritize fixing something like this???

#6 ·
They are not telling you the WHOLE story

If it had been up to Chrysler, you would not have received any notice
The NHTSA ( National Highway Traffic Safety Association ) & SAFERCAR, get complaints from people & i am pretty sure they have access to insurance records, when complaints come in, they investigate them. They can tell Vehicle manufacturers what to do, when, where & who, etc.
I believe in this case, the Recall is Open ended
I also received the Notice of Recall & my 2009 Ram was built in October 2008

you can check the site & search for RECALLS
http://www.nhtsa.gov/

#8 ·
To my knowledge nobody has died ...yet. That's what is sad, Ram is just sticking their head in sand and hoping nothing very bad happens. I checked mine even though I'm not on recall list. My pinion threads and nut is different than other guys who have posted pictures. You would think Ram would at least put RED locktite and stake the pinion threads on every recalled truck until the back ordered parts could be put on, OR, let the customer have it done. Each truck out there that is on the recall list is a ticking time bomb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.