DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build - '12 Big Horn

180K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  rammn 
#1 · (Edited)
OK people, I wanted to start a thread about my build. Its a 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn, black exterior (which I love and hate at the same time :LOL:). Anyways I have debaged it, added the vent shade things, Ive order interior LED lights from superbrightleds.com which should be in soon. Also I am attempting to lightly smoke the tail lights. I have an old pair of LED tails off my GMC I am trying that out with. Actually I have heads, tails, and fogs that I am testing it with LOL. I am using the VHT Night Shades, but they seems to be a little on the blueish side unless you use it heavily. Help would be greatly appreciated with that. Ill attach a pic of the tails and heads that Ive smoked. I will be adding a brush guard (or front end replacement, dont know yet), headache rack, and HID's. Thanks for looking!!

Brand new from dealer

Debadged

These are pics of trying to perfect the smoked lights process on my old gmc aftermarket heads, tails, and fogs....Any help would be great as to why they kinda look blue (hard to see in these pics)

See less See more
#312 ·
Heck yea! Paid time off and good meds, that's what I'm talkin about LOL

Nice brake shots.

The wheel shot... Is that dirt or is the Plastidip coming off?
Thanks bud, its just dirt, the plastidip is holding up real good. Even on the front bumper, which is surprising to me

Awesome man, the red looks good. Don't feel bad about getting sidetracked by beer, happens all the time. At least from what I think I can remember it does :4-dontknow: Keep telling myself I got to do mine, but I don't think they would show up with the wheels I got on now and they really wouldn't have shown up with the stock ones on. So, front calipers are next and then a turtle wax, then the cab lights with the integrated turn signals... What's after that?
Thanks...yea I had all intentions of getting the front done also, buuuuut my champaign kinda caught me off guard at a real early time of the day haha. I gotta put that leveling kit on too. I didn't get a whole lot accomplished, , but hey I did get intoxicated lol. And that my friend, makes me WINNING!!!!

#311 ·
Awesome man, the red looks good. Don't feel bad about getting sidetracked by beer, happens all the time. At least from what I think I can remember it does :4-dontknow: Keep telling myself I got to do mine, but I don't think they would show up with the wheels I got on now and they really wouldn't have shown up with the stock ones on. So, front calipers are next and then a turtle wax, then the cab lights with the integrated turn signals... What's after that?

#313 ·
So I went to south LA today to pick up a buddys Durango and bring back to Shreveport. The Durango weighed in at about 4800 lbs and the trailer maybe 500. When I got back to Shreveport I was averaging 14.9 mpg and had the cruise set to 67 the entire trip. I was very impressed with the power this truck still had when pulling this load. Ive pulled my 1500 lb boat plenty of times and never noticed it was back. Very glad I bought a RAM!!!

#319 ·
Actually 5% on the front doors and eyebrow, 18% laid over factory tint on back doors and rear glass. Front is measured out to be 4% and back is 7%...yes we do have tint enforcement down here, buuuut, only certain LEO carry measure guns. State police/DOT, Shreveport police WITH RADARS IN CAR, SPD motorcycles, and city marshalls have tint guns. And all those vehicles are VERY noticeable. Plus I know lots of them, so I don't care LOL

#321 ·
ive always just wanted to match my front to the rear factory tint. the state boys back in WI are d***s about tint. We litterally tinted my buddys cummins and on the ride home he got a ticket for it.

and i keep telling myself i need to order my Z sticker. just havent got around to it. im fore sure going to copy your placement as well.

#328 ·
I want to tint my windows so bad, but I already know I will get pulled over the same day. Cops round here all carry the tint meters so I'd be screwed. I know I could pull the fact the the police's enforcement of tint is only a Table 10 guideline and not an exact law, but god knows a Judge will side with a cop over someone else.

#331 ·
Law states that as long as the officer can look inside during the day then it is legal.. now the Table 10 that the local and state PD follow/enforce is that no tint at all. Most PD will not back down from this Table 10 and hand out a $200 ticket for the tint. My buddy got nailed for his tint so I looked up the law, but by the time I could relay it to him he had already paid the fine. So technically I could tint my front windows to match my rear windows, but I would be dealing with getting pulled over until all the police between Tioga County and York County knew me and my truck on a first name basis lol.

#333 ·
it like a supplement to state/local law right?

its like military bases, they adopt state law, then run supplements per ucmj and location specific laws to 'enhance'

like my truck nuts..... sd has no law against it, but the base has one for no profane, discriminatory, etc displayed or heard from a vehicle.

#337 ·
Yea supplemental guidelines for them to write up more tickets and put more money in their pockets. Jaron hit it right on the head comparing it to the base rules. I can understand to a point coming up one a tinted vehicle and feeling uneasy about it, but come on, I am not driving some lowered, pimped out Benz am I?? Kinda stereotyping, but hey if the shoe fits then wear it lol. I will probably end up doing a tint that is a little lighter than the back windows just so they can still see in and have less reason to whine, but dangit there will be tint.

#338 · (Edited)
One of my buddies that is a DOT could care less about your tint. He wont pull.somebody over for JUST their tint, but if he pulls you over for.something else hes not walking up to the vehicle, you get out. and you wanna be a dick about it, you got yourself two tickets...
The Shreveport cops I know will make traffic stops for just tint. It's kinda an income thing.

And I hear you about the pimped out Benz, your not the only one. That's the way I see it, I'm not jumping out of the truck in a blaze of glory or anything.

#339 ·
Got my build sheet

Sales Code Description
*MJ Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
-V3 Dark Slate/Medium Graystone
AFZP Quad Cab Big Horn Value Group
APAS Monotone Paint
BABS 160 Amp Alternator
BCNS 730 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BNBS Electronic Stability Control
BRTS Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CACP Low Back Bucket Seats
CBZS Prem Vinyl Door Trim w/Map Pocket
CB9S 2nd Row In Floor Storage Bins
CGDS Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts
CGSS Supplemental Side Air Bags
CG3S Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags**
CJ2P Supp. Side Curtain Frt/Rr Air Bags
CKES Front Seat Area Carpet
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CSPS Passenger Assist Handle
CSXP Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
CUES Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
CUNS Overhead Console
CV3P Urethane Shift Knob
DBAC All Automatic Transmissions
DG1 6-Spd Automatic 65RFE Transmission
DHSP Floor Mount Automatic Shift Lever
DMDS 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
DRNS 245MM REAR AXLE
DS8S Conventional Differential Rear Axle
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
GACS Tinted Glass Windows
GFES Rear Power Sliding Window
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNMS Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
GT6S Power Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXMS Remote Keyless Entry
GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
HAAS Air Conditioning
HGBS Dash Liner Insulation
HGFS Floor Tunnel Insulation
JATS Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen
JBYS Instr. Panel Color Keyed Bezel
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JFJS Temperature & Compass Gauge
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JJJS 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKVP 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKYS Power Accessory Delay
JPBS Power Locks
JPWP Power Lumbar Adjust
JP3S Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up & Down
JRTP Power 10-Way Driver Seat
LAZS Vehicle Information Center
LBDP Ash Tray Lamp
LCHS Rear Dome Lamp
LETS Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
LE4P Black Exterior Mirrors
LMEP Halogen Quad Headlamps
LMGS Automatic Headlamps
LNJP Fog Lamps
LPES Cargo Lamp
MBFS Bright Rear Bumper
MCMS Body Color Upper Fascia
MCTS Bright Front Bumper
MDAS Front License Plate Bracket
MENS Front Wheel Spats
MFHP Platinum Grille
MGAS Ram's Head Badge
MHLS MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners
MNES Body Color/Chrome Door Handles
MPPS Rear Wheel Spats
MP8P Delete Black-Out Tape
MS2S Ram 1500 Badge
MW5P Hemi Badge
MXCS Front Bumper Sight Shields
MYFP Bighorn Badge
NAS 50 State Emissions
NERP Dual Rear Exhaust w/Bright Tips
NFWS 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHDP Heavy Duty Transmission Oil Cooler
NHJP Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
NHMS Speed Control
NHNP Electronically Controlled Throttle
NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
NZDP Next Generation Engine Controller
PX8 Black Clear Coat
QX8S Black Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RCGS 6 Speakers
RDDP Fixed Long Mast Antenna
RDZP Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls
RESS Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3
RSCS SIRIUS Satellite Radio
RSUP Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCVP Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
SFBS Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SGBS Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SHAS Front Stabilizer Bar
SHFS Rear Stabilizer Bar
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBMS Tire Carrier Winch
TBSP Full Size Temporary Use Spare Tire
TTJP P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
WF1S 17" Steel Spare Wheel
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
WMJP Center Hub
WSAP 20X8.0 Aluminum Polished Wheels
XA8S Non Adjustable Pedals
XBNP Tip Start
XBSS Pickup Box
XFHP Class IV Receiver Hitch
XFKS 7 Pin Wiring Harness
XFUS Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring
XGMP Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
XJCP Locking Lug Nuts
XJJS Locking Tailgate
XJ8S Body Color Fuel Filler Door
XLNS English/USA Language
X8ZS Seat Parts Module
X81S Instrument Panel Parts Module
X82S Door Parts Module
X83S Front End Parts Module
X88S Tire & Wheel Parts Module
X9AP For More Info, Call 888-539-7474
X9BP 1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

#341 ·
SURPRISE MOD!!!
Not really, it just sounds cool, I went an got my eye brown dopped down another 2 inches on the side...notice how dark it is inside and how bright it is outside...I love tint
Man, that is dark inside the cab :Wow1:
Im assuming you got it done vs you trying to attempt it?

Got pics from a slight distance away to see how it looks?
You got 5% on all windows and 20% on the front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.