DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build - '12 Big Horn

180K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  rammn 
#1 · (Edited)
OK people, I wanted to start a thread about my build. Its a 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn, black exterior (which I love and hate at the same time :LOL:). Anyways I have debaged it, added the vent shade things, Ive order interior LED lights from superbrightleds.com which should be in soon. Also I am attempting to lightly smoke the tail lights. I have an old pair of LED tails off my GMC I am trying that out with. Actually I have heads, tails, and fogs that I am testing it with LOL. I am using the VHT Night Shades, but they seems to be a little on the blueish side unless you use it heavily. Help would be greatly appreciated with that. Ill attach a pic of the tails and heads that Ive smoked. I will be adding a brush guard (or front end replacement, dont know yet), headache rack, and HID's. Thanks for looking!!

Brand new from dealer

Debadged

These are pics of trying to perfect the smoked lights process on my old gmc aftermarket heads, tails, and fogs....Any help would be great as to why they kinda look blue (hard to see in these pics)

See less See more
#464 ·
Lol true true
:rep:
well thats awesome lol cause with all the wildland fires here in SD, i havent had a chance to get yours out. we had a full recall for an aircraft crash, and another for a nasty fire, all in the past week. but im finally getting some solid time off, and ill drop em off today lol
Looky what we got here...and meanwhile Jaron is out saving the forest
Kidding lol...I really respect everything you do out there :smileup:

#474 ·
Installing is easy, they just bolt right on with factory wheel well screws, the part that takes the time is putting the gasket on that makes contact with the body, you need to be patient, really clean the area with the supplied alcohol wipes, then to follow all the contours you need to do some notching in the back and having a heat gun helps as well, helps mould the rubber to some of the complex shapes, if you take the time on this step it really pays off in the way it looks and fits. The other thing to keep in mind is you will need to remove the plastic gaurds at the rear base of the front wheel opening, they are just hel in with plastic pis, a friction fit, however you don't need to remove the rears, which is a good thing as they extend about 8 inches on the under side of the rear wheel opening, these help sheild the body from being pelted by rocks and crap

#482 ·
Matt is so lucky he lives 2 days of extreme driving away. If he were local, I'd just tell the wife that supper out depended on him getting the cab lights done and........poof! It would have already happened. There is no motivation greater then some gal with a cordless drill and the wrong drill bit heading in the direction of your truck. :str:

I do not discuss my 'pending' mods. I only discuss the completed mods. Wife has access to my garage and I have way too many drills and 'wrong' bits to take a chance. LOL

Yup....he's lucky!

#489 ·
you have alot of work to do... but you are making headway! especially with the cab lights being done.

im formulating a new mod for my truck.... something ive been considering for a while now... not giving it away as theres a lot that would need be done to make it work. BUT ill clue you in... interior, non performance. its somewhat of a control...

#495 ·
Yah I like the second one you did with the top lights blinking like that. I have those on my truck. How did you get that to do that? I wouldn't mind having full control over mine. That is really cool. You thought about doing a how-to vid??? They seem like it would be easy and with everything you are doing to the truck, people like myself with little to no experience can DIY things like this... Just wondering??? Cool set up man.. So envious..:Wow1:

#497 ·
Thanks bud!
Jaron has already done a 'how to' on cab lights with turn signals, the only difference is I have a switch on mine and mines a 4th gen
And all credit goes to Brad for drawing up the diagrams we needed to make it all happen
double0ram has 3 relays on his, and I have 4 (because I wanted the switch)
Good stuff and thanks for turning me on to that thread. I know most everythign I will need to know is probably already on here, I just didn't do a search. I like VIDEOS of how to's...lol. Hope he has a few!!!

What is next on the menu for ya??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.