DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build - '12 Big Horn

180K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  rammn 
#1 · (Edited)
OK people, I wanted to start a thread about my build. Its a 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn, black exterior (which I love and hate at the same time :LOL:). Anyways I have debaged it, added the vent shade things, Ive order interior LED lights from superbrightleds.com which should be in soon. Also I am attempting to lightly smoke the tail lights. I have an old pair of LED tails off my GMC I am trying that out with. Actually I have heads, tails, and fogs that I am testing it with LOL. I am using the VHT Night Shades, but they seems to be a little on the blueish side unless you use it heavily. Help would be greatly appreciated with that. Ill attach a pic of the tails and heads that Ive smoked. I will be adding a brush guard (or front end replacement, dont know yet), headache rack, and HID's. Thanks for looking!!

Brand new from dealer

Debadged

These are pics of trying to perfect the smoked lights process on my old gmc aftermarket heads, tails, and fogs....Any help would be great as to why they kinda look blue (hard to see in these pics)

See less See more
#507 ·
Hey Arth made a good comment about what the beam pattern would look like if turned upside down. So Im gonna try the lights out at night time and see.
All I have to say is nice truck bro, some real nice work.:SHOCKED: Whatcha ya doing next weekend? Care come to my place and work on my ride? I'll supply the BBQ and beer. :LOL:
Light placement I think would look better in the middle of the brush guard.
Thanks man I really appreciate. As for me coming to Canada, yeeaaaa probably not LOL...Besides if I did come up there ^^^^^that guy^^^ would try to hunt me down and I really dont feel like dealing with all that :LOL: im kidding Fast, your cool HAHA
Yup the lights do look pretty good in the middle thanks

#519 ·
yes CBD, hellas are the way to go. for the 5 inch lighting, they have 500 fog pattern(short wide), and driving pattern (long distance), and 500FF (free form, clear lense no reflector style glass) with a fog pattern and a distance pattern. i combo'd both on my front bumper so im set for all occasions, and thats what Matt is doing as well, just with a couple more lights lol.

the 500ff are almost the same price as the basic 500s, so certainly shoot for those.

my PIAAs i got got cheap, broke them too easily, so they ended up as a temporary lighting option for reverse to see if i liked em. ill swap em out for a 500ff fog eventually.

best part is Hellas are stupid easy to convert to HIDs, which almost triples there lighting output/quality. between me and Matt, if you ever dive down that road with Hellas, we got you covered for sure lol.

#520 ·
Wow, thanks Jaron!!! Really cool of ya! I will probably do something like that, just gotta pay off the superchips cortex first, lol... Might be a few months. Got big plans for my truck, but some are just going to take a while to get to. This sounds like I could get it done sooner than later for sure. I'm befriending you guys so I can remember to shoot you any questions I have l8er on.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#524 ·
haha you were fooled...hey I did tie the lights up with wire on the brush guard...Just got sidetracked with the whole beer drinking thing..And I had planned on installing the airlift too, i even got under the truck and tried putting the bags in the coils and realized it wasnt going in with jacking the truck up, which means I would have to go get the jack...I gave up LOL

#527 ·
Yea I guess they pretty much are. The only difference I seen was when I was trying to upload the videos of the cab lights last night. On imageshack it would post a "image" of the video, instead it was just a link. Photobucket on the other hand had the 'image" of the video to post. Does that make sense?
Hey and thanks for letting us know about the app, im about to check out the imageshack one

#529 ·
Trying to upload a pic of my truck... I took these not long after I got the truck. I think in one of them I already added the nerf bars... If you see the pic's below then I have been successful... If not then EPIC FAIL!!!!:LOL:

Attachments

#533 ·
Thanks man!!!:smileup: I thought there was a lift on it but I wasn't certain. I wouldn't know. I hate not knowing... I will learn though as long as I am on the forum... I love the regular cab but I don't have any reason to use the 4x4 yet. I might find a reason one day, heheheh:LOL:

I want to make the truck into a street style truck and less of a 4x4 but I really amhappy with the way it is now so IDK... Guess Ill figure it out as I check out these mods like yours.

I'm trying to pm you back now. :smileup:

#537 ·
I think that may be my next mod now. I will put off the led's and focus on getting my lighting right first. I like what you have done with your truck Matt. I am still confused if I wanna go big and forget about HP for now or downsize and gain as much HP as possible... So many options with these trucks. So much potential with them. What you have on yours works really well. I just don't think blacking out the chrome on my metallic silver truck will work that well. The black nerf bars look great and the black fender flairs as well. I'm taking suggestions...lol. I'm screwed like you said. I just wanted to make the hemi sound and perform like a hemi should. That is all I was wanting....lol
These build threads are so inspiring!!! I love you trucks, ALL of them!!! I can't stop looking at them thinking how nice it would be to have this or that...:LOL: I am sure that no matter what you do to the trucks they are always going to look great!!!

#536 ·
Hell yea man I love these lights...just wish I couldve tested all 6 at same time...well I couldve just didnt feel like hooking them all up lol...yea I cant wait to get those hids in there now...
The problem I run into now is where to mount them...i came up with this and i think it will work, just have to look at it during daylight...If I do it this way, I might have to drill some holes in the punch plate to get the wires through since I dont want the wires ran on the outside of the brush guard...shit this is getting more complicated everyday lol...of course the driving lights will be mounted in the middle

#539 ·
Replacing with LEDs is gonna be much cheaper than doing this, guaranteed lol. Why would you forget about HP if you went big, hell if a supercharger was available for my year I would already be maxed out on credit card LOL
The interior & exterior LEDs is one of my favorite mods, but im sure when Im done with this, it will definitely take poll position

#547 ·
Its a long bar that attaches to your front suspension, typically your spindle. The other end is attached to the frame. By turning up your torsion bars, it raises the front up, turning down lowering.

We turned em up on plow trucks to compensate for the weight of the plow. Its also hard on the front end. You can also install bigger keys that help reduce said stress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.