DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Buy "Made in the USA"

4K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  ric221 
#1 ·
Would you pay more(aminimal amount) for a product because it was "Made in the USA"?
Yes
No

Jay

#2 ·
I would personally.

I once had a caller to my work asking for shoes made in the USA. I had never thought about it and checked over 200+ shoes with no luck of finding a single one. It's sad.

#4 ·
I have not put as much emphasis on that as I used too. So many companies these days are affiliated or have corporate, manufacturing or some sort of tie to an over-seas entity. I do not have the time or desire to hunt and find something that is truly 100% USA made as that is becoming more difficult to find. I just tend to buy the best I can when making my purchases depending on my own and others real-world experiences and reviews.

#5 ·
Yes I would, I try to do that now, but as has been said, tougher to find those things without really going out of your way anymore, sadly.....

- Cajun

#11 ·
Saw a bumper not long ago that said " If your hungry and out of work, eat your foregin car". I always try to buy things that are made here but as been said they are harder and harder to find and sometimes the workmanship is crap!
Jay

#14 ·
If I am looking at two products and one says "Made in the USA" I buy that one. I personally feel outsourcing has killed our economy in the long run, but feel the overhead to produce in the US has forced things oversees. I hope there will a trend for things to start coming back.

#15 ·
I always try to find the product that is made in the US when shopping or at least a company that is trying to make/assemble the majority of goods here. For instance New Balance offers many shoes Made in the US and some partially made in the US. They offer the explanation that they make as much as possible here, but that a number of the pieces going into some of their shoes are not able to be attained in the US anymore so they get them overseas then put the shoe together in the US. So personally I would rather buy from a company that is conscious of Made in the US vs a company that runs a sweat shop in China and pays million dollar athletes to sell their goods.

#17 ·
I always try to buy Anerican!!!
Some times you can sometimes you cant.

#18 · (Edited)
It is so hard to find anything that is truely made in the USA. A lot of components are made elsewhere and a lot of "foreign" products are now made in the US so it's more of a global thing. What brought this on is no more than greed of American makers that wanted to turn a bigger profit margin. We have the best work force in the world here that is protected from harmful working conditions by our government. This is not existent in most other countries and the workers seem to be expendable. That being said, I love my Dodge Ram!

#22 ·
Yes, I do and would. I also try to research the product. For example, it can say "Made in the USA" but 99% of the product was purchased from China and merely "assembled" in the US. I also look to see who owns this "American" company. It can say "Made in the USA" with it being a China owned company. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

#23 ·
yes i would..and i did by buyin a sub par domestic compact an payin more for it then the better and bigger imports...i'm pissed about this but i still bought domestic...

#25 ·
The Buy American Act requires that a product be manufactured in the U.S. of more than 50 percent U.S. parts to be considered Made in USA for government procurement purposes. For more information, review the Buy American Act at 41 U.S.C. ?? 10a-10c, the Federal Acquisition Regulations at 48 C.F.R. Part 25, and the Trade Agreements Act at 19 U.S.C. ?? 2501-2582

would you believe that the US Flag is made by only 5 USA companies ?

shopping for products? use this search engine

http://www.madeinusa.org/

Made in America Products A - Z
http://www.usalovelist.com/list/ < ----- full list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.