DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Suspension and Tires!

3K views 22 replies 3 participants last post by  redhemi06 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have looked everywhere for pictures and can't seem to find any!

I am going to put a 5 inch lift on my 96 1500 and need some advice for tires. Would it look okay with the 31" tires that I have or should I get something bigger? (33 or 35).

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
If i recall, the 5" lift for your 1996 Ram was built around 33" tires.
(this is for an RCX 5" lift)

I would go bigger if you can.

#11 · (Edited)
$500 for the set? damn I'd buy those even for just a year. You cant run those rims though. Not the right lug pattern. But then you could sell the wheels after you swapped tires and get some of your money back

double check to see if you can run a 15" wheel on your truck. the 3rd and 4th gens cant fit a wheel that small...it wont fit over the brakes. 17" is the smallest we can go.

wait i'm all effed up. what size rim are you running now? this is only plausible if you currently have a 15" wheel, which I doubt.

#12 ·
Hey, I hate to bother you, but you have been such a big help with this stuff.

Just a quick question. If you don't know the answer, that's fine.

What width is the stock 16" alloy rims for the 2nd gen dodges? I honestly like the look of them, and don't really want to replace them.

Thanks again so much!

#13 ·
no problem man, that's what we're here for.

i did a quick google search and found this :
"Those would be pushing it on a 7" wide rim. 285's are the biggest I have seen installed in stock rims."
came from a guy running the same truck as you in response to a guy asking how wide his rims were

#15 ·
yeah, that's a 33x11.5x16 tire. But like I said, take it to a tire shop and have them test fit that size to make sure no rubbing.

#23 ·
you can run a 15" rim, thats what i run. 35x12.5r15 and the width on the rims a 8". now the tires are listed at that but really the km2's run small so its only 34" and i have a lot of room left. the km2's are a good price as well and 15" rims are about $60 a piece new. youll also find a lot more tires running a 15" rim when lookin for used. when you do lift, make sure you account for steering, spent all weekend on mine replacing everything and ill just have to do it all over again cause its the stock components not HD or aftermarket. first is invest in an adjustable track bar, then a better steering gear box as well. im on my second new set since buying the truck just a year ago. **let me add that this is on a 1996 dodge ram rcsb 4x4 with a 6" lift**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.