DODGE RAM FORUM banner

B-Pillar tape removal

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
I finally got around to removing the ugly (and wrinkled/cracked) tape from my door pillars. Why on earth would Dodge put that crap on a $40K+ truck?

Anyhow, it had started to cool down by the time I got started, so I had lots of adhesive that stayed behind. I wiped it down with Goof-Off and it cleaned right up. I used a heat gun on the rear door tape but it really is a 3-handed process and I decided to wait until tomorrow to do the passenger side.

It looks much better, IMO...glad I was able to find great info on this forum to convince me to pull the trigger!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I really like the way the trucks look without the black tape on the doors. I'm still working up the courage to start it on my own truck. It looks easy enough but... once you start you can't just change your mind.

#4 ·
... once you start you can't just change your mind.

Once you start, you won't WANT to change your mind. :smileup:

I peeled the tape off the driver's door pillar without heat and it left a LOT of adhesive behind. The rear door on the same side came off a lot cleaner (and all in one piece) with a little heat. Hard to do with only two hands though...if a guy did it on a nice hot day it would probably be a quick and easy job. Definitely worth the time and effor though!

#3 ·
power, just takes some patience, but is easy. When I did mine it was ripping, not all coming off in one piece, so it just was a mess, but was easy enough. Then had to use adhesive remover to get the glue off. Be careful and test the adhesive remove under the bed or something first to make sure it won't take the paint off.

#6 ·
Yea I did my first truck on a warm day and it was much easier then the second time when it was alittle cooler. The second time some glue stayed behind but goo gone took it right off with no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.