DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MegaCab Roof Racks... experimenting with a FJ Rack.

14K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  t00tall10169 
#1 ·
Truck is not big enough, figured a roof rack would help make it meatier.

Unfortunately nobody makes a nice rack for the Mega Cab.

I can make this FJ rack fit but before we go fabricating a way to make it fit I figured I would ask for some feedback... I like it but not 100% in love with it.

Sorry for the cell phone pics...

See less See more
#5 ·
Just when I thought there was nothing else y'all could do to that truck, lol, it's already awesome, but I like the idea of a roof rack on it, that definitely gets my vote! :smileup:

- Cajun

#6 ·
Just a thought

What would it look like IF you were to end the forward part right around the top of the door post between the doors, there are just something about the curve downwards closer to the windshield that to me looks off

#10 ·
That will look bad ass....i give it my vote!! the truck is already massive enough that it doesnt look odd or off at all!! :smileup:

#14 ·
I like the look but I think vided has a good point. Might better come up with a way of temporarily tying the thing down and check for whistling before you get too deep into it. If the airflow over the cab and drag created by the rack are just right(wrong) it could create enough noise be annoying to you. Probably not with the diameter of the tubing but it wouldn't hurt to check.

#15 · (Edited)
This is an old post, but I figured I'd try to resurrect it since I cant send PM's until after 25 msgs?

Indeepcamo,
I saw your post mentioning that you install tracks on large trucks. I'm getting ready to do that as well and would really appreciate any guidance or tips you might be able to provide.

I working with a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie (sunroof). I'll be using Thule Top Track. I purchased them with the flarenuts, but I'm not sure how much I trust those. Last time I did this on a 2000 van I droppped the headliner a bit so I could use a large washer and nut to reduce tear-out risk. That vehicle didn't have side pillar airbags to worry me though.

Could you tell me if you use the flare or plus nuts? Any concerns or risks? I assume there are wires for sunroof and the satellite antenna. Any good way to avoid those without dropping headliner?

Thanks for your time.

Macyakker
St. Louis, MO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.