DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveling kit

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
Which leveling kit is the best. I want the front as high as it will go without a body lift or suspension lift. Like to have the front higher then the back without lowering the rear and what size tires will fit with just a level?

#2 ·
bilsteins 5100 adjustables at 2.8" is ur best bet then. but it won't get your terribly higher than the rear.

any coil spacer over 2.5" will be disliked by your suspension geometry.

#4 ·
yeah dont do that.

I guess you want the cali lean. Not sure how people do that.

shoot buy a lift kit and only install the front. waste of $$ though.

#8 ·
^ Exactly what they all said... The bilstiens are a real nice ride, I got them in the front to level out, and can notice my front rides a lot nicer then my rear leaf springs with 35" M/t's.

I highly reconmend Andrew if your gonna go ahead and buy a leveling kit or bilstiens, I got mine and my tires from him and have had excellent service from Bully's performance.

#10 ·
35x12.5

stock wheels: you need a 1/4" spacer

or buy offset aftermarket wheels

on rare occasions Ive seen guys squeeze 35s on with no spacers or anything. usually some good rubbing occurs

#11 ·
leveling and tires

Guys i am presently ram 1500 owner stock. I have a new 2014 1500 sport on order should be here few weeks. I want to level the front and add some nice rims and tires. I have no clue about leveling or who even would do it for me in nassau county ny? Rims i picked are Fuel Mavericks 20x9 with 1" offset and Nitto Terra Grappler 305/55-20 havent bought anything yet wanna make sure they are gonna be ok? Any help would be great thanks Greg.
oh i also think im gonna do fender flares if that makes a difference.

#12 ·
The best way to level is with the Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts. They are much better than the standard spacer type leveling kit IMO and will give you a better ride quality. They have height settings from 0" (stock height) to 2.8" of lift. Contact the guys at Bully's Performance for pricing on the Bilsteins at sales@bullysperformance.com. Be sure to mention that you're a forum member for discounted pricing.

I'm assuming you meant a +1mm offset, not 1". 20x9 +1 offset with 305/55/20's will fit on there no problem. You'll probably be sticking out about 3/4" past the fender so the fender flares will cover them up.

#17 ·
So what is the offset of the stock rims?

Im guessing the ones I mentioned above are -1mm offset.

Which means they will be closer to the vehicle.

As opposed to +1mm which would mean they stick out futher past the fender?

Thanks

#19 ·
So with my truck being leveled 2.5inch

I should be able to fit those on without having any rubbing issues.

Again on a 305-55-20

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help being provided here

P.S If not the 305 tire what would be the biggest tire I could fit. Or the one that would look best.

I am doing this strictly for look. Have no plans to off road anytime soon

#22 ·
That link doesn't show what offset the wheels are. But those tires are stock size so they'll fit no problem.

Since you're running a 2.5" leveling kit I'd be stepping up in tire size though. 33's will look to small. You'll want something that measures around 34"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.