DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1/4 mi track times

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jayhkr 
#1 ·
i was wondering what a few of the 4.7 guys were running at the track, and what mods yall have to get those times. i ran a 17.6 (i know, almost had to wear a helmet it was so fast! lol) almost constant all night bone stock with the muffeler removed and no intake. i got a few more things now and am ready to go to the track but wana know what some of the other 4.7s got goin for them.

#4 ·
sounds about right, they have some pull down low, but nothing after that. I have the Jet chip and it did a little, but I didnt buy it to go fast

#5 ·
How does one find out if there is a track near them to do this? How much does it cost and what are some of the rules associated? I'm running complete stock on everything, however this will be the year I get to make a few mods so I want a base run number and then later another run after the modifications to see what, if any, improvements it has.

#6 ·
I think everyone wants to know what the 1/4 mile times are haha. I want to know as well. If you guys were in Ontario then i would say we'll have track times soon. In the spring I'm having an event at a dragt strip, renting it out all day. So me and some of the other guys from ontario are going to rip it up all day!!

#9 ·
1/8th mile would probably be better anyways seeing how most of the pull will be down low. Once you get past the 1/8th these trucks won't be accelerating as much.

As far as rules go for the track, just call them and see what days they have an open track day (aka test and tune). You go there, check in (fill out a form and they do a safety check, and pay the charge, maybe 10 bucks), pretty basic. Then just go in the staging lanes and wait to race. You can always wait to the side at first and see how everyone else is doing it before you jump in if you aren't comfortable. You won't need a helmet or anything because you won't run nearly fast enough, so just have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.