DODGE RAM FORUM banner

03 hemi build

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  provoking 
#1 ·
I bought my 2003 qcsb about 2 months ago, and since i have joined this site i have emptied my bank account into the truck lol. im going to post my build here to show yall and to keep track for myself.

heres how i bought the truck
everything stock except for dual 3" straight pipes into 4" tips

heres how the exhaust came out, and i didnt really like it,so now its single 3" pipe into a single flowie 10 series muffler and dumped under the bed.

next, i added a cold air intake

after that i got to looking at it and decided i didnt really like the "body kit" stuff that was along the bottom so i pulled all of that off

changed some of my lights to leds,(still working on that)

painted my rims and gas cap cover with plasti dip

debadged it (left hemi on)

smoked the tail lights

and this is how she sits(3rd brake light is off, in process of smoking it too.)

Im mostly done with the outside, might pick up a set of the r/t stripes that go on the bedside or the hash stripes that go on the fender/hood.Now its onto the performance side. i plan on using this as a daily driver/strip truck for down in sturgis.

I am also a ford owner i got a 2004 f350 qclb that i use to play in the mud and thrash the piss out of it.it has the crappy 6.0 powerstroke in it on 37s and 10,000k hids to blind the road cuz i cant see very well at all.

edit: other outside stuff i still have to do is hids,smoke the headlights and foglights and tint the other 2 front windows to match the rear.

as you can see im a picture whore so let me know what yall think!

See less See more
#3 ·
Should throw some bush whacker style fender flares on there. I got mine off e-bau (came with all 4) and it ran me round $265. I was kind of hesitant but they have a return policy so I said skip it might as well least see how they look. They seem kind of bendy and twisty but get them on the truck and they are solid. I Plasti-Dipped mine and they look great, I think it would go great with your color scheme ya got going. Trucks coming along great man here's some rep points for that fuel door. I never one thought of that!

#5 ·
thanks all.
i was thinking about doing the bushwackers but i dont plan on running any bigger tires than i already am and thats probably the only way id run them.

the fuel door was a random idea i like how it came out though.

im still debating on if i want to rhino line my rockers or not,here in north dakota and all of the dirt roads i drive i might have to so i dont scratch the hell out of my paint.we'll see though.

thanks again guys

more updates will come soon enough

#6 ·
Nice job its looking realy good!!-i picked up a 2003/2500 ram hemi last fall and am playing with it also. cai,msc 8.5 super conductors, all new coil packs, all fluids in truck are amsoil, all new filters and trans kit,new 285 tires,taunne cover, nerf bars, tinted front windows, painted front grill, new magnaflo high performance 22 inch single 3 in dual 2.5 out the back, some hemi orange paint under hood,third brake light chrome cover, new big dodge ram head bage on tail gate and just ordered the daystar 2 inch complete lift kits with the scopion shocks, dam i just cant stop-lol, Much more to come also-includeing new complete paint job( Brother owns shop, so easy to get done). Also going to paint gas cover and steel rims both black-want a better shine on the rims.

Project in the works!! lol

Attachments

#7 ·
Nice job its looking realy good!!-i picked up a 2003/2500 ram hemi last fall and am playing with it also. cai,msc 8.5 super conductors, all new coil packs, all fluids in truck are amsoil, all new filters and trans kit,new 285 tires,taunne cover, nerf bars, tinted front windows, painted front grill, new magnaflo high performance 22 inch single 3 in dual 2.5 out the back, some hemi orange paint under hood,third brake light chrome cover, new big dodge ram head bage on tail gate and just ordered the daystar 2 inch complete lift kits with the scopion shocks, dam i just cant stop-lol, Much more to come also-includeing new complete paint job( Brother owns shop, so easy to get done). Also going to paint gas cover and steel rims both black-want a better shine on the rims.

Project in the works!! lol

your truck looks great!
what brand is your cold air?
it looks a hell of alot better than mine lol i want mine to go closer to the fender like yours.mine basically sits right on top of the motor almost.
and does yours have the idle/air sensor plug deal that is suppost to plug into the side of the cai tube?if you look at mine you'll see what im talkin about it's on the driver side

#8 ·
Hey thanx-its work in progress-lol. My CAI is a Spectre and i love it, and there only 149.99 right now for the set up and yes mine has sensor plug hole. I use spectre products on my other rides too, there a great product and very nicely priced.

And yes i love the way it sits in my fenderwell, plus tight against the stock air intake hole on the fender too.

They also have a $20 mail in rebate on those cai,s too right now.

My CAI filter go,s forward and points down by the way behind that heat sheild.

#9 ·

thats where my sits

see i think mine was cheaply made cuz where i plug the sensor the hole was too small so i had to ream it out.
i might switch over to spectre.my buddy has one on his chevy and he swears up and down by them so maybe ill check them out.cuz i sure as hell dont have the money to blow on a kn lol.

#10 ·
Spectre is every bit as good as K&N, i use to use them until my older brother turned me on too Spectre, even there filters are as good. And my senser hole is in the pic low and by the plug wires close to the top of the engine. Also my bro owns a Bike shop ans has been doing it for over 30 years, plus does show cars from bumper to bumper inside and out. If i only knew HALF of what he does-lol. And as you can see my sensor fits nice and tight and all the way in.

#11 ·
Spectre is every bit as good as K&N, i use to use them until my older brother turned me on too Spectre, even there filters are as good. And my senser hole is in the pic low and by the plug wires close to the top of the engine. Also my bro owns a Bike shop ans has been doing it for over 30 years, plus does show cars from bumper to bumper inside and out. If i only knew HALF of what he does-lol. And as you can see my sensor fits nice and tight and all the way in.

ya thats what my buddy said too.
i think i will switch over.
once question, what site did you get yours off of?
straight through spectre it says they are $199.
ya the sensor on mine doesnt even go in all the way. i mean it goes in far enough to do its job, but doesnt click in all the way.after about 200 miles i chek to make sure its still in the hole.or everytime i detail the motor which is about once a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.