DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which tuner or chip

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Georshrwd 
#1 ·
2012 5.7. If I was just looking to improve mileage and power, which tuner would you recommend?

#2 ·
you pretty much only have two options for your 2012. Diablo or Bully Dog. They are the only ones who have cracked the codes for the 2012

Do a search on the forum for those two...many many threads about it. I think diablo has had more attention and some pretty impressive gains. For a little less than $500.

#3 ·
I'm a big Diablo fan, both of my hemis are modded, have racing cams and spray nitrous at the track. I get a custom dyno tune for each, depending on what I'm doing. Detune to 87 octane for safe winter driving, and a balls out summer tune for 93 octane and drag racing. I like the better shifting as well. As far as better economy, you can talk to Johan at Diablo, he may be able to get you some better mpg's. I think if you can get MDS to turn on more you might do better, part is how you drive to make it happen. MDS= better mileage, but less fun.

#4 ·
Ive heard a lot of complaints about Bully Dog. From what I have read it seems like diablo is the way to go. You have a lot of options as far as the tune goes and Ive heard the interface is easy. I'm saving up for one myself. Im definitely going with a diablo tuner.

#6 ·
Ok so I put on my flame suit right before I started typing........ I'm coming back to a truck from a car and my previous make was not very mod friendly. How does Dodge stack up with warranty vs mods? Specifically chips. Does anyone know if there is a chip yet for the 13 Hemi? Sorry to thread jack but it feels apropriate here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.