DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Clutch suggestions?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
My girlfriends dad asked me to find him a new clutch in a $1000 price range for his 09 2500. So far I've been looking at the valair 13" organic and the southbend g56-ok and considering the valair 13" w/ ceramic buttons.
Right now the truck only has a DPF delete and an H&S mini maxx. His son drove the truck once and managed to do a pretty good job on the clutch. When you put it on the mild(60hp) setting their is a lot of chattering and tons of slipping.
The truck has 72k miles on it and does alot of highway miles from jobsite to jobsite. His big thing is being able to run the mild and occasionaly the wild settings.
Typically it will only pull a livestock trailer at 9k lbs tops but he has a skid steer and excavator (12-14k lbs) that would be nice to be able to pull with the pick up here or there instead of the dumptruck.
What would you guys recomend/suggest?

#2 ·
I don't have any personal experience with a clutch for that truck but just wanted to give my opinion. Towing that much weight with a manual trans is alot harder on a clutch than if it were an auto. Research and find a clutch that withstands heat the best, that'll be your best bet.

G
#4 ·
2005.5 - 2009. 5.9L 360" & 6.7L 409" ENG. TURBO DIESEL 6SPD 13 1-3/8"-10
Notes : w/G56 ALUM TRANS CASE ONLY. FLYWHEEL INCLUDED. REQUIRES UPGRADED CLUTCH HYD.

PP & Disc : DF413523

This includes the pressure plate and disc.

#5 ·
The centerforce is a little out of the price range I'm looking for and I cant even find its horsepower rating.
I actually spoke with the vice president of Valair and he recomended this clutch, NMU70G56-DDSN-Organic. He said it was the best clutch they made for towing. Being that its still a dual disc organic it should be a little bit more street friendly but can still handle 550hp and 1100 ft-lbs torque.
He's supposed to be getting back to me with a quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.