DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Underhood lamp with sport hood?

17K views 99 replies 50 participants last post by  gofishn 
#1 ·
So I pop the hood on my 2011 Ram the other evening to show off my Hemi to a buddy when I notice there's no light installed under the hood. I have the 'Sport Performance Hood', but don't think that should matter. The brochure says the Sport comes with "All of the features of Ram SLT", and the SLT equipment list clearly says "underhood lamp".
Does anyone else have this hood from the factory that can tell me if they have the lamp installed under the hood? If so, this is definitely going back to the dealer for some warranty work!

#3 ·
I have to go look but was under the hood the other night adjusting headlights and I don't remember seeing an underhood light on my sport....and I have the standard sport hood.

#6 ·
The light is an additional feature to be purchased when you buy your truck. I have a 06 sport, and it was an option.

#8 ·
My 10 Sport has the underhood light. The Hood Light is part of the "Light Group" and came standard on the 2010 Sports. This is what it says in the options list in the 2010 RAM 1500 Buyer's guide:

Light Group – Includes overhead console with
HomeLink®,(3) sun visors with illuminated
vanity mirrors, auto-dimming rear-view mirror,
glovebox lamp, rear dome lamp with on/off
switch, under-hood lamp and leather-wrapped
steering wheel (SLT and TRX includes power
heated exterior mirrors with signal and courtesy
lamps) (included in SLT Plus Group)

Not sure about the 11's

#11 ·
Thanks for checking your rides. Maybe Dodge changed their options after they published the brochure, but I think I'll still press the issue with the dealer. BTW, here's the link to the 2011 1500 brochure & everything I see says it should have it:

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/pdf/2011_ram_1500.pdf

The Luxury Group comes standard on all models except ST & SLT:
Luxury Group — Includes overhead console, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors,
rearview auto-dimming mirror, power heated mirrors (SLT only), universal garage door
opener, glove box lamp, ashtray lamp, underhood lamp, rear dome lamp with on/off switch​
and leather-wrapped steering wheel (ADA)

I'll let you all know what the dealer says...

#20 ·
No luxury group listed anywhere on my window sticker and no light!

#21 ·
i can't figure out how they equip the trucks while shopping anline and looking at pics of various outdoorsmans i found a bunch of odd things the outdoorsman is supposed to have a power drivers seat and 110 outlet as part of the package but i saw some that had both or one or none shouldn't they all have the same things if it's listed ?

#24 ·
I have the reg hood, back up cam and parking sensor package and no underhood light.

#26 ·
Alright, made an appointment to take the truck in on Monday to get the Recall for the rear axle bearing taken care of...will let you all know what they say about the light. The part is only $26 online, so I can't imagine they'd fight it too much.

#27 ·
09 SLT/SPORT mine's there.

#31 ·
Every option but sunroof, nav and rear audio. No light under hood or in the glovebox. I did a lot of searching the build your own, and compared things to a buddy's Laramie at work and there is no way (options wise) to get those lights in 11. Sad that a ~$49K sticker vehicle doesn't come with simple options like courtesy lights.

The wiring is all there though, I paid the $50 or so to get the two lights and the extra harness. You'll want to be sure that if you add the under-hood light that you get the 'pigtail' to go from the fender up into the hood.

#32 ·
The dealer agreed that there was conflicting data between the brochure and the options list for my VIN, so they contacted Chrysler. Just got a call today from the dealer with the final verdict from Chrysler: I'm on my own.
It's such a small part that I'll just put it in myself, but it really sucks that they won't stand behind what they advertise as a standard feature on my truck. Oh well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.