DODGE RAM FORUM banner

help me choose headers

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Talon66 
#1 ·
Im having a hell of a time choosing headers.

ARH LT headers are out of the question (too many fitment issue threads)

Stainless works just released LT headers, with a price point that isn't out of question, with the exception of needing Ceramic coating.

OBX SRT8 Jeep headers. Headers themselves fit, but require Ceramic coating, but the connecting pipes would require modification, and I would probably go with an X pipe muffler exhaust system to accompany it.

Finally,

JBA Shorty headers, cheapest price point, ceramic coated, minimal gains.

Feedback?

#2 ·
My first question is about ARH...fitment issues? I don't even know if anyone else with a 2013 that has installed these yet? If you are talking about the oil dipstick that is not a fitment issue with the header... just bend the thing and enjoy your longtube headers!

I am going to be honest and say I have only heard things about ARH... good things at that.

JBA is kind of like you get what you pay for. In this sense... anything is better than stock BUT since you are already half way there why not just get longtubes and get the real gains? A member here dynoed his truck after installing JBA headers and only saw a 9 HP gain.

Stainless works does have headers now... I personally am interested to see if they can compete with ARH. They are the new kid on the block... ARH has had these for a while now and I know of a few trucks here that run them without issue.

#3 ·
Well written response. Black hemi ram is local and he is the one that gained 9whp. I want the best bang for my dollar.

I've read about ARH issues on other forums

#5 ·
Having had 2 sets of ARH headers now, I can say that I never had any fitment issues, in either 3rd or 4th gen. My 1 7/8" driverside header was pointed a bit more to the outside than I would have preferred on my 4th gen, but it was still easy enough to have the exhaust shop work with it.

You would still need to ceramic coat the ARH, they come bare.

I know the OBX headers fit, you just have to dent one pipe to clear the engine mount, and still require a custom cross pipe, but a custom exhaust costs the same as a cat-back anyways.

The Stainless Works are an unknown right now, so there's only one way we can get more info on them...

#6 · (Edited)
Great feedback!

Black hemi could correct me but u think Brad.. Gained more then 9whp

#8 ·
Ya my second post stated black hemi ram only gained 9. But if I recall, brad (I think is his name) MGram10 made more untuned

#9 ·
Let's put it this way.... Jba headers are $616 shipped to my door and gain 9whp. Are stainless or arh worth double the cosy for double the gain?

#10 ·
I guess it would depend all on what you want to accomplish with your truck.

If JBA headers, a 85Mm Tb, an aftermarket intake, and a muffler swap is all you want then yes.

If you plan to anything more like boost? Or get your truck to the track? ARH

#11 ·
I won't do boost until something comes for the 8spd

#14 ·
I am gonna watch this thread closely as this will be the next mod ill likely do. Boost isnt in my future so long tubes will be my go to since they will make more HP

Reps all around on this one guys dont let this thread die!

#15 · (Edited)
Ok here is my opinion based off what our customers have said

JBA headers sent out over the last year - 3
JBA headers returned for poor gains - 2 (replaced with ARH)

ARH headers sent out over the last year - 20+
ARH headers returned for poor gains (or any other reason for that matter) - 0

with that said my vote is ARH all the way, we have been talking about putting them on the company truck for a while just back and forth on if we are gonna boost it or not if we boost it 1 7/8 if we do not boost is 1 3/4.

JBA you will not see gains through but a little part of the power band (nor will you with any other shorties for that matter, you almost better off getting a srt exhaust manifold I have seen a few guys do that) ARH long tubes you will see better gains, through much much more of the power gain, and if paired with the other big 3 bolt ons (CAI or hi flow filter, ported TB, hi flow muffler) and tuned properly we have had customers get up wards of 60+ HP at the wheels.

Hope this info helps someone, anyone who needs headers let us know we are a direct dealer with ARH and can guarantee 100% genuine product at the lowest prices around, just reach out to us and we would be more than happy to work with you and earn your business.

Additionally as far as the new company on the block we have been watching closely for some reviews to pop up, and have requested some info on them, if it is worth it (from a performance stand point) and can compare to ARH (in quality and gains) we will be picking that line up as well.

IF someone wants to try them out we can probably arrange something for them however I would be skeptical until there is some more real work info out :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

#16 ·
I might be interested in trying, PM info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.