DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Low trans pressure?

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Otterdriver 
#1 ·
So I was out doing a few wot runs from a dead stop, testing out the custom tune and as soon as I floored it, my check engine light came on.

I scanned th code with the tuner and it said it was low transmission pressure. I checked the trany fluid level and it was at the first hole under hot. Could that be why it said low trans pressure? Does it need to be at the second hole when it's at operating temp?

I cleared the code and it hasn't come on since

#2 ·
Ok so according to the owners manual, that's where it should be. So what would cause that to trip? Going wot sloshing the fluid enough to trip it maybe?

#3 ·
Did you find a P0868 Line Pressure Low fault? And no other faults?

That's strange because P0868 (by itself) should not light the CEL, as far as I know.

Yes, your fluid level should be in between the "HOT" holes when the trans is at operating temp (180°F is our standard temp for measuring it).

#6 ·
That's good to hear, I put one on my 2010, it also threw a code, very disconcerting when you see the check engine light start to flash, it was while I was towing our TT, anyway I was able to get it to a Canadian Tire and they scoped it said it was "low line pressure", can't remember the code number, they cleared it and I pulled the sonnax booster off and fired it in the bush, no issues at all after I got rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.