DODGE RAM FORUM banner

N Fab or Go Rhino dominator II side steps?

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  2010blkbighorn 
#1 ·
I am looking to get the side steps and have decided on either the dominator II or the N Fab step cab length. These are just bolt on mount, no drilling needed, right? I plan to have them spayed with bed liner and maybe painted to match. Localy there is no truck with this type of step, the pictures I have seen they look great

#2 ·
I like them both, I think they are about equal as far as appearance and quality. I bought my go rhino's because of the SS step pads. They are almost identical except the nfab has flat steps the go rhino's are rounded and can get SS. If I didn't care about the SS step pads I would have got whichever was cheaper, I think I paid like $340 or so for my dominator 2's.

#3 ·
#4 ·
snrusnak
Is the rounded step make the surface difficult to step on-being round and narrow? I'm curious if little kids feet will slip off easily? and was there any drilling involved?

#5 ·
They fit perfect using the factory bolting locations, no drilling. Install took about an hour or two doing it by myself, could probably be done in 30 min to an hr with an extra set of hands. The step is not at all difficult to step on or grip, my wife hasn't ever said anything even in high heels. I've never slipped off even when they are wet.

#7 ·
^IIRC it was autoanything. I actually went through the checkout process, then right before I paid I closed the window, and within like a day or two I had an email with like 5 or 10 percent off, that's how I got it cheaper. I guess they want to try to get you come back and buy them (it worked) lol.

#8 ·
AutoAnything is now a site sponsor
if you look at the sponsor list, you will see that they are giving us a discount
I have used them a couple times

I bought N-Fab nerf bars, they come powder coated
I had to modify mine, removed the rear step & had a custom made one that was longer, then it had to be re powder coated. Don't ask me how much i paid, but to me & my needs it was worth it

#10 ·
Very nice GT. I like that elongated back step. Patent that design before someone else does.

Does the attachment on the steps of the Dominator II do anything? Are there raised edges to provide grip? Or is it just holes in the attachment and then the bar??

I like the Dominator II in black powder coat and stainless step accents.

mikeski

#11 ·
Not sure what you mean about the step, but the dominator's have a SS step pad that is bolted to the bar with two screws, it has holes drilled in it, no "raised" grips or anything, but the holes provide grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.