DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Performance Chips

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Revel Performance 
#1 ·
HI new ram truck owner, but this is my second Hemi engine. My last car was a Dodge magnum and I loved the Hemi so much I bought another. However, Ive noticed that in my truck Im getting awful gas mileage. Has anyone tried the performance chips advertised on this site or any others that you could recommend?Any advice would be greatly apprechiated. Im worried im going to mess up my truck or just waste money. Thanks

#2 ·
Any $69 chip is nothing but an expensive paperweight there are literally dozens of threads discussing this. The tuners advertised on this site are supplied by google and not the site itself, no one here or on any other board supports the GFORCE chips or any other sub $100 chip either as they are just a plastic box with a transistor in it that do absolutely nothing.

The only tuners you are going to want to put into that truck are

Bully Dog hemi Plus GT for 11-13 Ram 5.7l
This tuner is good if you are never going to do more than the basic bolt on mods (Cold Air intake, hi flow muffler/cat back, throttle body) The canned tunes are the strongest in the industry and you would be very happy with this tuner

Diablo Sport Intune-DCX
This tuner is great if you plan on the basic mods above and are wanting to add headers, cams, forced induction, or nitrous. This is also a great tuner if you are looking at getting some custom tuning done

Diablo Sport Trinity T1000
this tuner is used in the same instances as the Intune-DCX however has some additional features where you can monitor different gauges live and has a virtual drag strip on it.

The Hypertech Interceptor is also a good Chip/Module that plugs into every sensor and modifies the data sent to the computer, this is good for those who do not want to take a chance at voiding a warranty (the tuners above if not returned to stock before going into have your truck serviced at a dealer could void the warranty however if returned to stock there is no way for them to tell they were ever there) and just want a little better throttle response/ get up and go.

All the devices above will get you better mileage but we are talking 2-5 mpg's depending on how you drive the vehicle and which tune you have, most report the best mileage when operating on the performance tunes with 91 or 93 octane fuel w/o ethanol.

If you would like to purchase any of the above at the lowest prices on the NET check my signature for the latest promo's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.