DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lift kit, warranty mopar, aftermarket?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100300)

dmac101 01-01-2012 10:47 PM

Lift kit, warranty mopar, aftermarket??

kay I've heard a lot about lift kits i have a 2012 ram 1500 and am interested in putting a 4 inch super lift or any brand really in it, but in order to not have to fuss with warranty i need to buy mopar (which is a super lift kit stamped with mopar) so my deals wants about 4500 for the lift and install, btw i live in saskatchewan, but yeah so about 2000-2500 is what their charging for the lift. but then looking at buying any other brand not mopar they are like 1000-1500 that is a big difference. so the question is do i have to pay outrageous price for mopar to keep warranty? or I've heard they have to back up your warranty even if have aftermarket lift, the problem would have to be associated witht the lift to not warranty it right? what your thoughts?

dmac101 01-01-2012 10:48 PM

also what kind of parts would be associated with lift problems where warranty wouldn't cover?

CdnoilRAM 01-01-2012 11:02 PM

A lift would potentially put your entire suspension and drive train into question if there was ever an issue. The half-shafts and driveshaft would be put at more extreme angles causing potential issues with the 4x4, tranny, gears, etc. At the same time, there has to be a problem before they can void warranty, not jjust be present. I know lots of guys that buy brand new trucks and lift them with aftermarket kits and the dealership doesn't care, unless you have a service writer that hates his job and wants to take it out on somebody... might I suggest bringing donuts in cases like this.

fx2offroad 01-01-2012 11:18 PM

The Mopar Kit can still void your warranty just like any other lift kit. Any MOPAR/DODGE part that has a "P" in front of the part number example: P548315 is considered a "performance" part. This “can” void a warranty.

DBryant 01-02-2012 09:31 AM

I'm glad someone finally told the truth about lift kits and warranty. You lift it you loose warranty, simple as that.

candy08 01-02-2012 02:17 PM

What FX2 said. Dont buy those expensive lifts because Mopar endorses them. Any lift voids the warranty.

But at the same time Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act......nuff said

dmac101 01-02-2012 05:04 PM

so which way should i actually go if i was going to buy a 4 inch lift the week? order from my dodge dealer or get a bds or somethings, what are my true benefits of having a mopar compared to aftermarket

candy08 01-02-2012 06:10 PM

Honestly, there isnt any "true" benifits to having a Mopar lift. I guarantee you that same dealer that does the Mopar will put on any other lift as well. My dealers here uses PC. I've asked them before what they put on their trucks and they say Mopar and say you cant go over 4" without voiding the warranty. What the dumbass didnt know is all 4 of their lifted trucks were 6" PC lifts. Its pretty clear how to pick out a PC lift!!

The dealer CANNOT void your warranty because of a suspension lift....CANNOT. My truck has been to the dealer for numerous reasons throughout the year and they never once said anything about my lift. They also do the rear end recall, tsb and flashes or whatever under warranty. I even got a the passenger abs speed sensor wire replaced under warranty bc my tire chewed through it :D

So get whatever lift fits the bill and your wallet. Get what you want for your truck more importantly!! FYI spend the extra 100 bucks and get a 6"....

hollow-point 10-13-2012 08:12 PM

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Is not a Canadian act. Only in America you are protected.

hollow-point 10-13-2012 08:13 PM

oh and there is no Canadian equivalent