DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   First wax (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100628)

Unfairkickazz93 01-05-2012 07:50 PM

First wax

I just bought a 2012 ram on dec 30th. When can i do the first wax?

T48 01-05-2012 11:41 PM

Probably better to have someone else wax it. A friend of mine & I used to joke that no matter what vehicle you purchased,(new or used) that first time is when you found ALL the flaws. By the time you were done, your blood pressure was cranked up & you'd swear you were blind at purchase. ;)

Racklover 01-06-2012 03:53 AM

Thinking about breaking out the clay bar on mine. She's about a month old.

titanman2789 01-06-2012 05:44 AM

I washed and waxed my truck the day after I bought it. Actually, I was pretty impressed with the quality of the paint on it. Everything I thought was blemishes was actually just dirt and came right off. Better paint job then what is on my Challenger, that's for sure. I don't know about clay barring the car so early. I've clay barred a car that was 4 months old. It looks really good, but there wasn't much of anything that the clay bar picked up.

dig 01-06-2012 08:36 AM

waxing

I would not be afraid to bet that most people with the new paints and clearcoat never waxes. and if they do only the chrome which in most cases is plastic.

joewally 01-06-2012 08:55 AM

get yourself a good buffer like the porter cable 7424xp random orbital buffer and a good wax. Before i wax the truck i degrease it than wash it. Someone also mentioned the clay bar which is great to remove swirl makes left behind my harsh wash mitts and soaps.

dodgert 01-06-2012 10:31 AM

Your best bet clay it first you will be amazed at all the crap that comes off it from transporting it and such then give it a good wax. Try adams products they are a little pricy but you wont get a better shine or long lasting water repellent anywhere.When i wax and coat mine 5 months later its still beading water off it .

wvcoolvinilla 01-06-2012 11:22 AM

I clay barred my truck over Christmas which was 1 month after purchase. I was surprised how much crap come off my "new" truck.

Beatcop49 01-06-2012 11:33 AM

I used Dri-Wash N Guard on mine the first week. Took me 2hours to wash AND wax mine...all at the same time.

mikeski 03-29-2012 10:09 PM

I have had mine for about a month and a half i guess. I started the initial waxing and see I could use the clay bar on mine. There's a big difference between the waxed and not but there are still some things left over that the clay would have gotten. Is it to soon to hit it with the clay??

Me....