DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   R&R Leave Comin' Up! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=100765)

ArmyofOne 01-07-2012 04:08 AM

R&R Leave Comin' Up!

Starting the 15th of January, I will leave Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan, bound for the good ol' US of A. My leave starts on the 20th of January, and runs through the 5th of February. My travels will take me from Camp Leatherneck to Kandahar Airfield, where I will sit for 2-3 days, then to Ali-Al-Saleem Air Base in Kuwait City, Kuwait where I will sit for 2-3 days. Then a layover in Dubai, U.A.E., another in Hahn, Germany, then yet another one at the USO Hub in Atlanta GA. Then from there to Seattle.

My leave plans are throwing on my new mods, doing christmas with the wife, and driving to Northern California to see the Seirra Nevada's, Lake Tahoe, the Lava Beds, the Redwood Forest and whatever else tickles our fancy down that way. The plan is to take I-5 south to US-30, and US-30 west to US-101. Then we are going to take that down to Crescent City. On the way back we will take I-5 north stopping in Portland for some family stuff, then back to Seattle. All-in-all, I expect it to set us back about $500. $250 for gas and $250 for hotel/B&B stays. Not bad for a mini-vacation/getaway (which offhand, is something we desperately need.)

Here is the kicker. I promised the wife, absolutely NO ClubLexus, RamForumZ, or FaceBook from the computer...oh well, still got the phone...:gy: . So for those 3-4 weeks, I will be off the boards, but expect lots of pix when I return.

brad12kx 01-07-2012 04:34 AM

This is such bad good news!

It's great that you will get home for some R&R, modding and a mini vacation thrown in to boot, but we won't get the play by play of the modding or the real time vacation pix! Tell that wife of yours that the Z can get jealous too! LOL

Seriously, this is great news. I'll bet your good and ready for a bit of home time. BTW - how's the foot doing?

Oh...do you want me to ship the tail lights to you for this Mod round??

teenRam 01-07-2012 05:00 AM

Be safe man. My R&R starts on the 19th :smiley_thumbs_up:

Plug your nose when you land in KAF :str:

CajunDodge 01-07-2012 09:48 AM

I'm with Brad, we didn't even get the choice of good or bad news first :LOL: Seriously, though, really glad you're going to get some much needed and deserved time off so have a safe trip and we look forward to lots of pics upon your return! :smileup:

- Cajun

BlueJet 01-07-2012 10:08 AM

So part of your leave days are spent waiting to get here?? That doesn't seem fair!

You going to be able to hit Yosemite?? That is a must see! :)

ArmyofOne 01-07-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 689457)
This is such bad good news!

It's great that you will get home for some R&R, modding and a mini vacation thrown in to boot, but we won't get the play by play of the modding or the real time vacation pix! Tell that wife of yours that the Z can get jealous too! LOL

Seriously, this is great news. I'll bet your good and ready for a bit of home time. BTW - how's the foot doing?

Oh...do you want me to ship the tail lights to you for this Mod round??

If you want to, that would be great! You have a PM! And you guys will get a play-by-play on the mods, I already have permission for that. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenRam (Post 689467)

Is it really that bad? I have heard it...:box:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 689516)
So part of your leave days are spent waiting to get here?? That doesn't seem fair!

You going to be able to hit Yosemite?? That is a must see! :)

No, My leave doesnt start until the day I get my leave form stamped at the USO in Atlanta. From that point on though, I am on my own time.

teenRam 01-07-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne (Post 689524)
Is it really that bad? I have heard it...:box:

Don't say I never warned you. I can see it now. As soon as you walk off the plane :wow:

:LOL:

TheRileyFactor 01-07-2012 01:05 PM

KAF isn't so bad right NOW...... if you're there in the summer though, dear lord wear a gas mask... and it doesn't help the transient tents are about a stone's throw from the "poo ponds"... But when I was there on my way back from my R&R about a month ago it wasn't so bad.... left my FOB then got stuck there for a few days before I got a flight to Kuwait.... we didn't go through UAE though? Straight from Kuwait to either Ireland or Germany then on to Hot-Lanta where our plane broke down and I had to wait a day before moving on to Dallas then home, lol...

Enjoy the R&R, brother, and happy modding!! Mine absolutely FLEW... fastest 2 weeks of the year-long deployment, but I only have about 10 weeks left!

Stump3r 01-07-2012 02:17 PM

Enjoy your R&R, you deserve a nice break and some alone time with the mrs. Contrary to what Brad says we can wait to see and hear all about the mods. Enjoy your time having fun

SilverHemi 01-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenRam (Post 689467)

LOL im FLS bro .... finishing up my 6 in early feb