DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Walking The Distance (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=101060)

RamRoy 01-10-2012 12:11 PM

Walking The Distance

Am I that unusual for parking my truck as far away from every other dirtbag/dumb@ss :LOL: in any public parking lot that I go into? I was driving my truck home from the dealership (the day I bought it) and the wife asked me to stop at the grocery store. I parked plenty far away from all the people who couldn't give a crap about dinging up my vehicle. I got home and delivered the wife's goods then went right back outside to ogle my new wheels. What did I see across the front bumber!!?? Someone let a shopping cart loose and it ran across the bumper from the center to the driver's side! I got the touch up paint but it doesn't disappear. :doh:

Stump3r 01-10-2012 01:21 PM

I do the same thing. Drives my wife nuts.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-10-2012 01:48 PM

i use to park my ram super far from everything and everyone but then i sold it lol

JoeBlow 01-10-2012 01:54 PM

I do the same thing, but for some reason, when I come out, I always find some jolopy parked next to me. It drives me nuts. I also come out one time to find a shopping cart up against my truck. No damage but I do feel your pain. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't win.

CajunDodge 01-10-2012 02:14 PM

I, too, park as far away from others as possible and definitely feel your pain, and even with parking in the boonies lol, wouldn't you know it, out of the vast expanse of parking lot between me and anyone else lol, not often but once in a while I come out to some piece of crap on four wheels parked next to me. At least yesterday though it was a nice looking 4th gen RAM! :)

- Cajun

wvcoolvinilla 01-10-2012 02:23 PM

That is the ONE thing I miss about my 08 it had nice door guards (had the "cool crome package on my coolvinilla) my 2011 is out there with no protection at all. Already have a small chip on my front bumper, yuck

AllUCIsTailLights 01-10-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamRoy (Post 692027)
Am I that unusual for parking my truck as far away from every other dirtbag/dumb@ss :LOL: in any public parking lot that I go into? I was driving my truck home from the dealership (the day I bought it) and the wife asked me to stop at the grocery store. I parked plenty far away from all the people who couldn't give a crap about dinging up my vehicle. I got home and delivered the wife's goods then went right back outside to ogle my new wheels. What did I see across the front bumber!!?? Someone let a shopping cart loose and it ran across the bumper from the center to the driver's side! I got the touch up paint but it doesn't disappear. :doh:

Now thats F'd up man i wouldve been pretty pissed! i sometimes when other vehicles are too closely parked to me or me trying to fit in a tight spot cuz other people with tiny cars dont even know how to park them, i get their vehicle description just in case i find their paint on my truck ha now thats unusual but i got to protect my bby. somtimes my wife gets mad cuz she says i love my truck more than her ha. :LOL:

HeyBrownDog 01-10-2012 02:49 PM

I have always parked a little ways away from the idiots of the world in parking lots. Doesn't matter whether it's the supermarket, the bar, or the local home improvement store. I don't mind the walk....the extra steps are supposedly good for my health. :smileup:

It just seems like nowadays more and more people seems to have less brains, and even less courtesy for their fellow human beings. The end result are idiots who can't even handle parking their crappy vehicle between the painted lines or barely leaving you any room to open your door!!! God forbid you introduce the dreaded shopping cart into the equation. These fat f*ckers can't be bothered to bring back their cart resulting in costly damage to an already over priced vehicle.

I don't know....maybe it's me with the problem. I guess that explains the humorous sign my wife gave me for Christmas this year: "Beware of the dog, doesn't play well with others." That about sums it up for me and my personality that I have zero tolerance for stupid people. :LOL:

GTyankee 01-10-2012 03:01 PM

My bumpers, especially the front one looks like crap, it is plastic

The rear has two dents, both put there by me, there are places that the Park Sense sensors do NOT work, dead center & out at the outer curved edges

only one other dent, crotch high, in the passenger side door, i came out of a grocery store & there was a little car, that looked like it had been in a Demolition Derby, i had parked as far from the store as i could, tons of empty spaces. When i came out there was still a ton of empty spaces, except for the only parked tight against my Ram, i waited about a 1/2 hour, finally i saw the owner, she was dressed in what looked like Thrift store clothes & a gaggle of children, no shopping cart, just a couple bags. I was still pissed, but i knew that i was not going to collect for damages & i sure couldn't beat her down. I just left, i am still irritated when i think about it.

1 deep scratch, 1" long, just above the gas fuel door, someone at a motel was loading their bright yellow car, using my Ram as their own personal shelf, what ever did the damage, set off my alarm. My room was about 200 feet from my Ram & up on the 2nd floor, i quickly put on my shoes & went out, of course they had left, i drove around the motel & they were gone

RamNJ 01-10-2012 03:06 PM

I do the same and try not to park next to other cars. I don't mind the walk. I have had bad experiences parking next to other people. I would see a shopping cart parked right up against my truck or people leaving there trash right next to yours and it looks like you did it. I don't like those people that take up two parking spaces so they wont get the car damaged cause that's just wrong but I can see why they do but I would never do that. I love when someone parks so close to me that I can't open my door. That one is the best so I leave a nice note on there windshield.