DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Dealer visit and First Pics (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=101084)

GREENCREWSPORT11 01-10-2012 05:47 PM

Dealer visit and First Pics

6 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I went to my dealer today to show them the blistering chrome on my step bars. Before he even saw them he told me I wouldn't like his answer !! He mentioned Chrysler told him to stop sending them pictures of the problem. They do not warranty the chrome on the step bar, the damage is from road debris. Even though mine are blistered where they could not be hit by "road debris". OK I then asked about the two broken latches on my floor storage and under seat storage bins. Those parts are on order and will be replaced because the truck is under 60000 kms. Cool...making progress ! Finally I asked about the famous under hood light but because I'm over 20000 kms I'm sorry can"t help you. Anyway .... enjoy the pics..

hemiv8dodgeram1500 01-10-2012 05:51 PM

very cool pics!!!! id be pissed at the chrome issue though

Razorbass 01-10-2012 09:52 PM

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but...

Crap! I had planned to do the same Ram head shifter mod you did. I have had an original 80's model Ramcharger hood ornament sitting in my garage for some time now and just have not gotten around to modding it to replace the factory shifter handle. So now I gotta know if you did that yourself (and how) or did you buy it somewhere? Makes me want to do mine even more!

We now return to our originally scheduled thread.

Stump3r 01-10-2012 09:56 PM

Damn I like that color! Maybe my next Ram will be green :)
Thanks for the pic's.

Too bad about the steps, I know my dealer was changing them out. Luckily I haven't had an issue with mine.

BlueJet 01-10-2012 09:58 PM

Beautiful Ram, I hope you get your other issue resolved quickly!

ramfan1500 01-10-2012 10:17 PM

I have 2 of those ram heads and have been trying to figure out how to go about putting one on my shifter, only change I would make is I wanted mine facing forward, to me it fits your hand better. How did you do it? We need details!

Musclemckeester 01-11-2012 11:05 AM

I like that color; it's not something you see everyday. Great looking truck, but that sucks they won't take care of the steps for you.

hyperlitejacko 01-11-2012 11:15 AM

I like that ram head shifter knob. Is that self made or did you purchase that somewhere?

GREENCREWSPORT11 01-11-2012 12:12 PM

Thanks for the complements, glad you like the pics. i will post better ones to show the graphics better ( poor lighting on phone camera.) When I had decided on a new truck, I was thinking white or gray until this green truck started calling my name. It is often mistaken for black.
Now to the hijack part of the thread-- I believe the "Ram" shifter I have is from an 1986 Bighorn. After removing the factory attachment on the bottom of the ' shifter', I filled the body of the 'shifter' with a concrete patch material that could be drilled out later (the 'shifter' has hollow areas in it.) The factory shift knob was simple to remove once I stopped twisting on it assuming it was threaded. The chrome trim on the bottom of it slides/pops straight down and then the whole knob lifts off the shaft. Then it was a matter of lining up/marking the angle i wanted the new 'shifter' to sit at. It was drilled out ( being careful not to drill thru the top of the head.) The new 'shifter knob' then slides down on the existing shaft. The bottom of the shifter looked like crap ( not designed to be exposed) i found a small piece of black leather and stitched up a boot for it. Sorry I didn't think to take pics while I was doing it. It is only friction fit on the shaft and I have the option to face it forward or back (as in the pic) It was kind of nice to hear I may have been the first to do this mod.

khakiforever 01-11-2012 12:14 PM

Nice truck. I like the subdued stripe. I have flat black on my black truck. Most people never even know its there. Too bad about the step bars.