DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   South West (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   How to get legal window tint in texas? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=101306)

FlashSmith101 01-12-2012 05:48 PM

How to get legal window tint in texas?

im tired of getting tickets for my illegal window tint out here in houston and austin. i was wondering if anyone knew ways of getting around that, possible permission from a doctor for having sensitive eyes maybe? haha any help would be appreciated! thanks

Hedghawg71 01-14-2012 08:53 AM

^^Funny you say that, I have been wondering that myself. My dad has a medical reason for his Limo tint on his truck, got the "get out of jail free card" from his Dr. and has Handicapped tags and still gets pulled over. No tickets but a hassle nevertheless. I got alot of respect for the Law, don't get me wrong but I wished they would bust up a few more drug rings before they give tickets to people with window tint. ;)

FlashSmith101 01-15-2012 10:20 PM

no i understand that, and i understand where they can't see inside the truck where they might be pulling a gun out or something when they pull them over so window tint might be a danger but my truck looks soooooo much better with limo tint! and i want it back badddd haha

ArmyofOne 01-16-2012 08:16 AM

Hmm, I have never been pulled in Texas, drove there for years with illegal tint, so I cant help you unfortunately. On a side note, since I got my PRK corrective eye surgery, The VA doctor wrote me a note for my eyesight, so now I can have any percentage I want.

But again, it does not matter, I dont get pulled over for it. LOL.

rdsabin 01-16-2012 09:10 AM

Same here, VA wrote script stating I need darker tint due to migraines. Have darker tint on both my Ram and Super Bee.

dodgert 01-16-2012 09:14 AM

Some states like nj no tint is legal unless you have a script

Spiritgt 01-16-2012 05:42 PM

Tinting

There are laws in Texas that only allow a certain amount of dark tint on the driver and passenger front windows, go to DPS site or goggle it, it will explain the percentage of tint allowed.

Pmann 01-30-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashSmith101 (Post 696779)
no i understand that, and i understand where they can't see inside the truck where they might be pulling a gun out or something when they pull them over so window tint might be a danger but my truck looks soooooo much better with limo tint! and i want it back badddd haha

Man I couldn't agree more! I've been pulled over on US 183 many times in austin, its the state troopers. My rear window is pitch black so naturally I'm up to no good but even with my windows down I would still get pulled over and asked "sir, can you roll up your window, I'd like to check the tint." I even get crap for the AS-1 line. I recently had my windows retinted because they degraded and wouldn't pass inspection... 70 bucks so I never have to brown nose a cop again (about my window at least :158:)

FlashSmith101 01-31-2012 04:36 PM

well with inspections even when i had 3 percent on the fronts when i would go get my truck inspected i would pull the fuse to my windows when all my windows were down and go get it inspected. by law you don't have to have side windows to pass inspection...so if they can't roll them up, your good :))) i think I'm going to try and go to a eye doctor i guess and see what they could do if i say i get migraines with some lights hitting my eyes and see if they give me a doctors note for limo tint :)))

XC450 04-26-2012 04:10 AM

I never even thought of trying to find a medical loop hole for window tint....I just had lasik, it couldn't hurt to ask my eye doctor...