DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   superchips flashpaq or cortex? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=101974)

covenysp 01-19-2012 05:11 PM

superchips flashpaq or cortex?

i am trying to decide if i want to get a flashpaq or a cortex for my 09 1500 4x4 hemi. what does the cortex have that the flashpaq does not (other than the powertrain warranty)? thanks for your help!

RansRAM 01-19-2012 06:12 PM

I have the Cortex and love it. :D

07HemiXpress 01-19-2012 07:16 PM

First off happy new year. I personally like the cortex. The tech line is great,you can download updates,and best of all....it gave me the option to turn off the mds system. I tried the one from Bully Dog first...and for me anyway it was nothing but problems,and forget help from the tech line. I have had the cortex for a couple of years now with NO problems at all. I hope i was some help brother.:smileup:

covenysp 01-19-2012 07:38 PM

thnks for your input! i am leaning towards the cortex but some people have said dont waste the extra money because its the same as the flashpaq just with a warranty. so thats where im stuck. so i hope this poll and everyones thoughts will help make my decision!

snrusnak 01-19-2012 09:23 PM

As far as I know, the cortex is a flashpaq with different plastic color and power train warranty.

RansRAM 01-19-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covenysp (Post 700320)
thnks for your input! i am leaning towards the cortex but some people have said dont waste the extra money because its the same as the flashpaq just with a warranty. so thats where im stuck. so i hope this poll and everyones thoughts will help make my decision!

^^^ But the warranty is for your truck and not the Cortex. If something happens due to the tune SC will pay the repairs. For me this was worth the extra few bucks.

snrusnak 01-19-2012 09:29 PM

^The reason I don't think it's worth it is because in the 5-10 years I've been around SC at the drag strip (probably 15 to 20 vehicles using it) nobody has ever had a problem with it to where it caused damage. But I can understand if you weren't sure the few hundred bucks could be worth saving thousands in damage.

RansRAM 01-19-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 700456)
^The reason I don't think it's worth it is because in the 5-10 years I've been around SC at the drag strip (probably 15 to 20 vehicles using it) nobody has ever had a problem with it to where it caused damage. But I can understand if you weren't sure the few hundred bucks could be worth saving thousands in damage.

^^^ That's good to know,

HOOAHHemi 01-20-2012 03:55 AM

So which is it>?? Which to go with?

snrusnak 01-20-2012 07:30 AM

Depends who you ask lol. I'd buy the flashpaq every time though, for any vehicle.