DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   what a bad week (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102194)

2011 ASSAULT 800 01-22-2012 12:34 PM

what a bad week

sorry for the rant, need to blow off some steam, it has been a rough week....

wel to start my truck needed my truck needed a new wheel bearing, having never done this my buddy helped me do this, somewhere in the process somethign went wrong and I never knew until i went for an alignment....... i think one of the 3 bolts crossthreaded.... so trying to save money didnt pay off, so I bought another wheel bearing (another 250 bucks, 500 in total now) just paying to have that done on monday as I dont have access to the hoist we used last week.... both lower ball joints were toast so the same day I was supposed to get an alignment I had the shop repair those... so I was without a truck all weekend......

Finally got enough snow to ride here (have 2 feet now) trails are nice, went out yesterday and part way through the trip I blow a rear track shock apart, landed off a bump pretty hard but not hard enough to do this (i thought), my bnuddy landed the same and nothing wrong... the shocks I have (i thought again) are top of the line..... so just as the season got going here im down and out until I can get a new one......... so the truck cost me 1000 bucks that I didnt really plan on and the sled will be another 400 or so unless they warranty it.......... I know shit happens, I just had to blow of some steam.......... heres the shock

good thing we carry a roll of red, green....
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...0/bb295807.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...0/4ef23dc6.jpg

sorry fellas...... maybe next week will be better...

2011 ASSAULT 800 01-22-2012 12:36 PM

I guess on a positive note my truck goodies that I now wish I hadnt have bought will be in this week!

brad12kx 01-22-2012 11:19 PM

Wow! That just sucks! Hopefully the sled repair will be considered warranty so you don't have that financial kick in the ---- as well. :)

CajunDodge 01-23-2012 12:22 AM

Ouch, that really does suck man and I know how much you were looking forward to it, too! :( New truck goodies??? We'll be looking for a mod thread soon and, in the meantime, sure hope next week is better! :)

- Cajun

2011 ASSAULT 800 01-23-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 702628)
Wow! That just sucks! Hopefully the sled repair will be considered warranty so you don't have that financial kick in the ---- as well. :)

thanks Brad, the manufacturer will warran ty it but I have to send it to Cali and wont have it back for 3 weeks due to shipping time, plus I am going to mexico around that time so it will be a over a month until I get sledding. Going to see what Polaris will do for me, if worse comes to worse it will be 200 bucks to have it rebuilt. On the plus side I got my truck back today after it has been gone since thursday, feels so good to have it back, anmd the wheel bearing change cost me half of what I thought it would!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 702693)
Ouch, that really does suck man and I know how much you were looking forward to it, too! :( New truck goodies??? We'll be looking for a mod thread soon and, in the meantime, sure hope next week is better! :)

ya deffinetly a bummer at the beginning of the season (season is really late this year) but i guess you gotta pay to play. I got my truck back today so that is great news. My goodies wont be in until the end of this week or beginning of next. 1 thing is coming from texas, I paid for it on Jan. 10th and it only got sent out on friday :( the other thing will only take a day to get! I will deffinetly be posting some pics when I get them :D

- Cajun

brad12kx 01-24-2012 01:35 AM

Well, this sounds slightly less gloomy. I bet the lower cost on the truck repair was a welcome surprise. Was the shock considered an OEM part when you bought the sled? If so, you should be able to have this taken care of much quicker. I'd figure the sled manufacturers would trip over themselves to keep you going so you'll buy another one from them. It's not like the season is 8 months long, and this year is shaping up to be the shortest on record. :(

2011 ASSAULT 800 01-24-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 703558)
Well, this sounds slightly less gloomy. I bet the lower cost on the truck repair was a welcome surprise. Was the shock considered an OEM part when you bought the sled? If so, you should be able to have this taken care of much quicker. I'd figure the sled manufacturers would trip over themselves to keep you going so you'll buy another one from them. It's not like the season is 8 months long, and this year is shaping up to be the shortest on record. :(

I was deffinetly happy about the reapir costs being lower! but Just got a call from my sled dealer and no go on Polaris coming good on this shock, it is not really an oem brand shock, a different company makes the shock, they would give me warranty on it but the shipping would be 2-3 weeks round trip, so I am sending it out tmrw and paying to have it redone... gotta pay to play lol 1 month ago Polaris would have warrantied it........

This season has started off terribly, maybe is I have to go back to Thompson manitoba for a while I will take the sled with me, from what I was told when I was there this summer their winters are long. I hope I dont have to go back there though haha

RockyRam 01-24-2012 08:18 PM

That sucks bro!! Next week will be better!

2011 ASSAULT 800 01-26-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyRam (Post 704064)
That sucks bro!! Next week will be better!

thanks man, this week is way better than last, got my truck back monday! rides way better, checked =it over today on my buddies hoist, sway bar links are a little loose but nothing to worry about (small clunking) but other than that everything looks good, going to change the diff oil for front and rear and the transfer case as well, she will be like new :)