DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   ''American Football'' (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102265)

col 01-22-2012 10:41 PM

''American Football''

Just wondering where the name ''American Football'' comes from. It's just like ''British Rugby'', but with Padding. And for those who dont know ''Football'' is played with the Feet. Commonly known as ''Soccer''. As the Britt's call ''Football''.:smileup:

GTyankee 01-22-2012 10:56 PM

Here is what i found about the origin of pu**y rugby

http://www.essortment.com/american-f...ory-43333.html

If it doesn't have wheels, i don't watch it, except for Little League Baseball

HemiLonestar 01-23-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by col (Post 702653)
Just wondering where the name ''American Football'' comes from. It's just like ''British Rugby'', but with Padding. And for those who dont know ''Football'' is played with the Feet. Commonly known as ''Soccer''. As the Britt's call ''Football''.:smileup:

Hence the name, outside the US, soccer is football, everyone knows it as football. We call it soccer, so our football is "American football".

CajunDodge 01-27-2012 04:13 PM

^^^^ That's always the way I understood it, too.

- Cajun

snrusnak 01-27-2012 04:25 PM

American soccer (non-American football) is for girls...

:)

TheSatinPumpkin 01-29-2012 09:28 PM

I just know "American Football" as Gridiron.

CdnoilRAM 01-29-2012 11:34 PM

Colin, do you honestly think the Americans did that by mistake? They had to be different than the rest of the world. That's what they do best! You and I both know it as football, and rugby is properly termed rugby football, since they were playing 'soccer' when one guy though he should pick up the ball, so why wouldn't the americans just turn it into their own game and call it american football, and since they're in the states they drop the ' american' just like brazilians just call them 'nuts'. Hell, people up here call ours cfl just so we don't confuse between the two.

Warlock III 02-04-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by col (Post 702653)
And for those who dont know ''Football'' is played with the Feet. Commonly known as ''Soccer".:smileup:

^^If that were to be taken in literal context^^ then I'd have a few questions that maybe you could help me with.

If it's played on "artificial grass", could it even be played at all? Since if it's artificial, then it couldn't possibly be grass, could it?.

And that wouldn't be awfully nice, since if it's awful, then it couldn't possibly be nice. Moreover that would seem bitter sweet, but couldn't realistically be because if it were to be bitter, then it couldn't possibly be sweet, could it?

Maybe it's just best if I turn a blind eye to the whole thing...but wait, if the eye were blind, then it wouldn't be able to see anyway, and that very well might imply a constant variable, which could in no way be constant if it's variable...Is that correct?

Just trying to figure this out could wind up in me catching a cold fever, but I'm not sure which it would be, cold, or a fever?

Hopefully the current history of this thread will make sense, either currently, or in history. Guess I'll just go out and park my DODGE RAM...in my driveway. When I get there I'll decide if I should Dodge ...or Ram.

Was just wondering what would happen if this could be considered a Forward Lateral or not?

brad12kx 02-04-2012 11:05 PM

I'll never see my 'Sweet & Sour' chicken balls the same again. :sad:

Warlock III 02-04-2012 11:09 PM

^^chicken balls^^:LOL:

You ever smelled mothballs?