DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Sharadon Performance transmission problems (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102433)

greyhemi1772 01-24-2012 08:00 PM

Sharadon Performance transmission problems

I have a 04 ram with a Sharadon Performance stage 2 transmission and i keep frying tcms it won't go into first or over drive in any gear it takes off in 2nd gear then immediately goes into 3rd and stays in 3 ive been threw 2 pcms need help anyone have any ideas

RadioFlyer 01-24-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhemi1772 (Post 704093)
I have a 04 ram with a Sharadon Performa nonce stage 2 transmission and i keep frying tcms it won't go into first or over drive in any gear it takes off in 2nd gear then immediately goes into 3rd and stays in 3 ive been threw 2 pcms need help anyone have any ideas

I'm learning here so plz bare with me. How long inbetween pcms and did you try and reflash them...are you sure they are fried? Excuse me for asking dumb questions but it sounds more like what a sylanoid pack would do

snrusnak 01-24-2012 09:43 PM

Why don't you contact sheradon? They would likely be the one's with the answer. Is this a new install or has the transmission been in there previously without issue.

RadioFlyer 01-24-2012 10:57 PM

True story here...names are changed to protect the innocent, lol. Same thing happened to freinds box stock 545RFE. I reloaded his stock tune (same as reflash) and it worked for the 3hr trip home but failed the next day after 15 min of driving. Reloaded the 93 tune this time and it worked for around two hrs of driving then failed again. Reloaded the stock tune since intervals were getting shorter and fearing catastroefe. Knowing we had little life left we drove to dealership with it stiil working and no engine codes showing so they simply reflashed it saying that's all it needed. I couldn't tell them that I already did that three times with the intervals getting shorter and shorter using a tuner. But I did tell them that I reflashed it by disconnecting the battery and that their reflash would not last long and it didn't. It lasted 15 min, drove back to the dealership with only first and fourth, engine code showing and left it, lol. They fixed it and all is good so far...sylanoid pack was bad plus they threw in a new converter and clutch pack for gp. Not sure what's happening here but I knew the sylanoid pack was going out simply from reading other similar issues on the forum.

greyhemi1772 01-25-2012 02:49 AM

That is exactly what is happening to me excuse any (noobish) tendencies new to forums lol but yes ive done almost to the T what u have done loading and reinstalling the stock tune

So im guessing alota people have had this issue with the sylanoid pack and that being
the remedy?

RadioFlyer 01-25-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhemi1772 (Post 704435)
That is exactly what is happening to me excuse any (noobish) tendencies new to forums lol but yes ive done almost to the T what u have done loading and reinstalling the stock tune

So im guessing alota people have had this issue with the sylanoid pack and that being
the remedy?

Actually, you and I are the only ones or the only two that I have heard that attempted to reload tunes for a successful temporary fix...so bravo to you for sharing. I don't know why anyone else hasn't tried it or shared it if they did. If they did, I never saw it ever mentioned. And trust me, not even the infamous Scott at Superchips heard of reloading the tune as a temp fix though he did assure me that it was not the tuner causing it. As snrusnak suggested call them for advise but fix it yourself (if it's not under warranty) if you think you can do it after talking tp them. It's too bad that they don't have an aftermarket company that makes them. It seems to be a reacurring problem with these transmissions. Not sure if it's bad or good...who knows, it seems to be an easier fix than a rebuild. I know for a fact that the converter and clutches were good but they changed them anyway.Was it a good deed on their part or was it for the extra money from Chry that they earned for fixing it while under warranty I will never know.