DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram MPG Zone (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Average fuel mileage (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103305)

kcoulbourne 02-02-2012 10:13 AM

Average fuel mileage
 
What is everyone getting in fuel mileage? I installed a Mopar cold air intake and switched to synthetic oil. I am averaging 17-18 mpg driving short distances. Keep in mind, I am keeping my foot out of it and trying to stay in the eco mode as much as possible.:smileup:

mybigredram 02-02-2012 11:01 AM

I am averaging 19 on the highway if I run at 68mph in 6th gear. Since the truck is 4x4 I am very happy.

troben 02-09-2012 09:02 PM

10.7-10.8 its just painful

bigdaddyII 02-13-2012 07:14 PM

15 average mixed driving. Regular paper filter, magnaflow muffler, and synthetic oil.

blk2011st 02-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybigredram (Post 711324)
I am averaging 19 on the highway if I run at 68mph in 6th gear. Since the truck is 4x4 I am very happy.

What do you average in town? I fill up when i get to half tank, and this past fill up i got about 10.3mpg all city. I dont drive it much, but when i do, its all city driving. The highest i have gotten was 14mpg, and that was driving hwy pulling an empty 14ft trailer one way, and half a cord of firewood in the bed and half a cord on the trailer on the way back. I havent gotten to drive steady hwy (unloaded) for a long period of time yet, but i wonder if it would have that big of gap in mileage between city and hwy driving...

MrCompton 02-17-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blk2011st (Post 721959)
What do you average in town? I fill up when i get to half tank, and this past fill up i got about 10.3mpg all city. I dont drive it much, but when i do, its all city driving. The highest i have gotten was 14mpg, and that was driving hwy pulling an empty 14ft trailer one way, and half a cord of firewood in the bed and half a cord on the trailer on the way back. I havent gotten to drive steady hwy (unloaded) for a long period of time yet, but i wonder if it would have that big of gap in mileage between city and hwy driving...

I can attest to this being true in my experience. When driving my 1997 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 5.2 on the freeway for 2 hours I used to get an honest 20-21mpg between 65-70 the entire way there and back. City was around 14-16 and 12mpg if I really got into the pedal. But switched to 32s and my bumper got damaged and had to be removed(waiting on extra cash to buy) and it's about 12mpg mixed....

RedRiverRam 02-18-2012 12:33 AM

My '11 is still new but on it's first road trip Shreveport, LA to Houston, TX I got 17.4 running largely in the mid 70's mph. Around town here seems to be closer to high 15s low 16s.

MrCompton 02-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRiverRam (Post 725957)
My '11 is still new but on it's first road trip Shreveport, LA to Houston, TX I got 17.4 running largely in the mid 70's mph. Around town here seems to be closer to high 15s low 16s.

That's your problem right there. Your not going to get the best mpg at 70mpg most likely 55-60 would get you what it's supposed to be. Ever think maybe it's running too hot as well?

jbsocal 02-19-2012 11:54 AM

I get about 10.5 mostly city have seen 19 on a couple of all highway runs but 10.5 is about all.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger