DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Plastic rattle is driving me NUTS. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103309)

philpott50 02-02-2012 12:07 PM

Plastic rattle is driving me NUTS.

I have got a rattle up by my radio that just wont stop. Any ideas of what to make this stop. It just started about a week ago and I am about to go crazy.

mmullengs 02-02-2012 12:29 PM

Dam I thought that I was the only one having this issue since no one else said much about this issue. Mine appears to be making the rattling noise near the radio opening. Ill have to take to the dealer soon to get this rectified. I only have about 5,000 miles on the clock, you would not think with low miles you would have this issue.

philpott50 02-02-2012 02:50 PM

I had the radio replaced by the dealer two weeks ago and ever since then it has rattled. I plan on taking it back to have them fix it. The only problem is I have to have time to do it.

CTYHNTR 02-02-2012 02:53 PM

I have the same rattle I always bang on my dash in hopes it will go away, but Im probably only making it worse. Funny, I had a 6 year old Silverado that never rattled once, I have a 6 month old Ram that rattles like its going to shake itself apart at any minute.

snrusnak 02-02-2012 03:38 PM

hmm I don't have a rattle there. I have noticed a minor rattle in my driver's door panel near the electric switches. If I push it towards the door it stops. My truck has almost 60,000 miles on it though.

philpott50 02-02-2012 03:50 PM

CTYHNTR I had an 11 year old silverado for 4 years before getting the ram and samething not one rattle out of it. I have noticed that if I pull on the top were the the indention is it stops or if I push on the top corner of the radio it stops.

huntergreen 02-02-2012 06:42 PM

just subscribing so i can follow.

SS4Luck 02-02-2012 08:48 PM

It sounds like the didnt bolt the bezel back down tight enough. I got lazy after my last radio install and didnt bolt it in all the way and when the subs hit and i have the volume down the whole thing rattles. Check to make sure everything is snugged up would be my first guess. I would take the bezel off myself and make sure the radio is bolted down tightly as well.

tjmjnj 02-06-2012 03:59 PM

when I hit big bumps the drivers side dash (inside the dash) makes a god awful noise like something big is loose.

when I hit a series of small bumps while turning (sometimes not turning) by steering wheel bounces around and the front tires loose grip with the road

if I apply the brakes while hitting small potholes or road imperfects the ABS kicks in and the truck will not stop

truck just turned 15k and is 100% stock - 2011 1500 QC 4x4 4.7l - not to happy to say the least. Also, it appears to have a rod knock now. The truck has never been abused, never towed (doesn't have hitch) - I drive it 7 miles to work and back and a few weekend trips, that's it.

philpott50 02-06-2012 05:46 PM

SS4Luck I think I might try your advise but how do I take the bezzell off? Does it just have snaps that pop off?