DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Power Wagon (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Load D Rated Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103402)

05cr125r 02-03-2012 01:02 AM

Load D Rated Tires

Any of you ever experienced wobble or heard of because of load d tires ? My pw has them, the are bfg 315...people are telling me to get E rated. With current tires i feel like i'm bouncing down the road.Have gotten wobble before where the sw shakes and you have to slow down to stop it.Thanks

05cr125r 02-23-2012 09:05 PM

Hey thanks for all the replies...i am about a month away from getting new Toyo my open country's load E tires. The BFG's I believe are a great tire, just not on our Dodge's.

Iamahemi 02-23-2012 09:38 PM

Hmmmm. The most common cause for the wobble is usually trac bar related not the tires.well the tires could be a contributing factor. If you are getting the wobble check your trac bar to make sure it is torqued to spec, check the bushings, check the bolt holes to make sure they are not ovalled.

05cr125r 02-23-2012 10:03 PM

Hey buddy. I have replaced shocks,steering stab,draglink,pitman arm,balanced tires,alignment,new leaf spring, and have the Thuren track bar on order. A lot of guys have said and i agree that the sidewalls on my tires are just too thin. At this point I am trying anything and everything...thats why i work my but off i guess. And thank you for the reply.

azracer 02-29-2012 08:50 PM

I have a 2009 PW and just switched tires to Yokohama AT-S in a 315 70 17 size and D rated. My BFG tires were not worn out but I was contemplating getting new tires because I had slight DW. I wanted the Toyo MTs in an E rating but just could not pull the trigger on the purchase at that price.

The Yokohama AT-S tires have way better dry and wet weather traction when compared to my BFG AT tire. The ride is great and at 40 PSI front and 35 PSI rear I still do not get even a hint that it wants to go into a DW condition. The truck from new never felt very good over choppy bumps and always seemed to continue even after the bumps in the road were gone. Not any more so draw whatever conclusion you want but I'm convinced the BFG AT is susceptible to DW at the best and causes it at worst you make the call.

I have run only BFG on our YJ, XJ and our latest WJ with good if not excelent results. On my PW they suck beyond belief!:4-dontknow:

05cr125r 03-01-2012 08:36 PM

Azracer...thank you for your comment. Thank you for confirming that I need to get rid of these bfg's on my PW

05cr125r 04-05-2012 10:55 PM

Just got the Nitto Trailgrapplers in an E range. No joke she drives like a new truck. No wandering, no wobble , tracks nice and straight. Goodbye Bfg's.. have also new draglink,pitman arm,steering box,Thuren Trackbar,Bilstein 5100's, after getting DW a few months ago.

rbpowerwagon 06-13-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05cr125r (Post 769079)
Just got the Nitto Trailgrapplers in an E range. No joke she drives like a new truck. No wandering, no wobble , tracks nice and straight. Goodbye Bfg's.. have also new draglink,pitman arm,steering box,Thuren Trackbar,Bilstein 5100's, after getting DW a few months ago.

I went from an E to D range with my 2010 cummins and got a wobble, switched back to E range wobble gone. Both tires were 315