DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Longhorn (Long Horn) Leather Care (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103503)

afa430 02-04-2012 10:08 AM

Longhorn (Long Horn) Leather Care

What are you guys using to treat/clean your leather seats in the Longhorn? The tag on the head rest says to do this every 6 months and use the Mopar brand treatment, but is anyone a leather expert or can offer a better solution to this?

I used the Meguire's rich leather conditioner and seemed to have good results in bringing back a smooth showroom shine. But there may be a better product for this leather type.?.

Chunkem 02-04-2012 11:57 AM

I am currently dealing with an issue with my interior. I have a 2011 Longhorn and the entire interior is turning white. Some say it might be mold and some say it could be drying out. It looks like a chalky substance all over the interior of my truck.

I only have 1900 km's on it and I just went to the dealership the other day. I inquired about treatment for the seats and they looked at me funny???

They told me there is no treatment for the seats and then the person who looks after the detailing came from the back and gave me some liquid in a bottle and told me to try it.

Needless to say, I have used a little on a small area and it looks like it working. I was specifically told to be careful by the dealer. The manager said that if I put something on the seats that it may void my warranty????

So I used the product that they gave me and I will have a look at the interior tomorrow. My truck is in the garage for the winter and it shouldn't be doing this.

I will post the bottle that they gave me with the name in a few.

Good luck...

Ed

Chunkem 02-04-2012 11:59 AM

I have a question that is off topic.

Have you had to replace your Tork Converter at all?? I read about 26 pages of problems and I have had some of the symptoms but it may be related to the MDS.

Thanks again,

Ed

afa430 02-05-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkem (Post 713009)
I have a question that is off topic.

Have you had to replace your Tork Converter at all?? I read about 26 pages of problems and I have had some of the symptoms but it may be related to the MDS.

Thanks again,

Ed

No, no torque cnv. issues. I have a June '11 build date and from what I read, hopefully was built after the fix.

But let me know about your seats. There was a tag hanging from your passenger seat head rest when you bought it that says to treat it every 6 mos with a mopar cleaner/conditioner.

Chunkem 02-06-2012 12:50 AM

Yeah, I still have that tag hanging on the seat.... My wife keeps asking me when I am going to take it off....LOL

I attempted to get some conditioner from the dealer and they told me that they have none. I advised them that I wanted to keep up with the regular scheduled maintenance however I will try and post a pic, but my seats are literally turning white with a chalky white layer....

No ideas what's going on but I will let you know.....

Good to hear about the Tork Converter issue, mine was built April 2011. I can only hope as well....

shawnsetia 03-14-2012 03:21 AM

its been a month and still no pictures!!! im tripping out.. i dont want this to happen to my longhorn.. i have the same amount of miles/kms as you!!!! picsssss!!

Chunkem 03-25-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnsetia (Post 750016)
its been a month and still no pictures!!! im tripping out.. i dont want this to happen to my longhorn.. i have the same amount of miles/kms as you!!!! picsssss!!

Hey sorry,

I have posted under 2011 thread....Hope that helps....

Chunkem 03-25-2012 12:16 AM

Just FYI....It's called SPEW.... Have a look at the thread.....

firegal 04-07-2012 02:06 AM

For those in extreme temp area's (cold or hot), my brother (leather craftsman) says to use a product called Bick 4, it conditions, cleans, polishes in one step. If you have really dirty leather, they have a cleaning system. Being in Arizona (temps can get as high as 120's F in summer) I condition every 4 months (per my brothers recommendation) and never had any problems with any of my leather products using it.

primo spaghetti 04-08-2012 09:58 PM

I use Lexol on my wifes toyota leather. seems to work great at cleaning, and then i've top dressed it with autoglym after the lexol. not sure if it will void the warranty or not, but it is almost over anyhow. this combo really seems to put the oils back in the leather.