DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Jokes/Humor (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Hate to be here (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103589)

sonocativo 02-05-2012 01:42 AM

Hate to be here

Which way now?
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...17060586_n.jpg

GTyankee 02-05-2012 02:15 AM

Almost reminds me of a place in Keene New Hampshire
but it is a traffic circle where everyone seems to get lost
looks like a stage coach wagon wheel

here is another signal light puzzle
http://www.lazylightning.org/dakota-...raffic-signals

sonocativo 02-05-2012 01:07 PM

GT... Just recently they installed those flashing yellows here and I was wondering WTF they were? Now I see what they mean in the article.... Geeze are drivers that stupid to need a flashing yellow arrow ( yield left turn on green ) My god, if there is no green arrow on a green light we all know you yield to oncomming traffic but geezus do people really not get the concept after a hundred years of the same driving instructions or are kids today just that much more stupid?

Warlock III 02-05-2012 01:26 PM

I wonder what happened to the whole "acceleration lane" concept:

A speed change area or lane consisting of added pavement at the edge of through traffic lanes to permit vehicles to accelerate before merging with through-traffic flow.

Since when is it being taught to stop at the end of a ramp or similar situation and spin your head around backwards to see if it's clear to start all over, pick up speed, and then merge.

I have air horns but am seriously considering train horns.

ShiftJockey 02-05-2012 01:53 PM

LOLOLOL I'd have no idea which way to turn or when to turn if I ran up against that.

GTyankee 02-05-2012 01:57 PM

California has traffic control signals about half way up the On Ramps, they are only in use during heavy traffic times
From the light to the Freeway lanes is about 1/8th mile, the Freeway speed is 65mph, in coming traffic has to accelerate from Zero to 65 mph in a 1/8th mile to smoothly Merge with the traffic on the Freeway.
It is a Legal Dragstrip !!!!!!!

Getting back to the Flashing Orange Arrow at a Intersection, I was in Toronto, Ontario in August 2010, they had the flashing turn arrow up there & i was real hesitant to make a left turn using it. The friend that was riding shotgun is a Toronto resident & let me just say he is in law enforcement & kept kidding me about my hesitation.
In my defense, we driving up & down streets near Danforth Ave & there are least 3 times as many people walking on the street, as there are cars, & also the Trolley cars.
The good thing about the flashing arrows, it tends to keep the Turn Lanes shorter

09nitetrain 02-05-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 713723)
Almost reminds me of a place in Keene New Hampshire
but it is a traffic circle where everyone seems to get lost
looks like a stage coach wagon wheel

here is another signal light puzzle
http://www.lazylightning.org/dakota-...raffic-signals

those things are all over new hampshire. but i'm pretty sure i know which one your talking about

sonocativo 02-05-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 713944)
I wonder what happened to the whole "acceleration lane" concept:

A speed change area or lane consisting of added pavement at the edge of through traffic lanes to permit vehicles to accelerate before merging with through-traffic flow.

Since when is it being taught to stop at the end of a ramp or similar situation and spin your head around backwards to see if it's clear to start all over, pick up speed, and then merge.

I have air horns but am seriously considering train horns.

Here we have the Acceleration Ramp to get on the highway, you either go faster than traffic and get on or pace a car and merge behind them... It is a law here for the first lane of traffic to get over to allow the acceleration ramp vehicles to merge on without any issues but they are *******s and they dont change lanes as they are supposed to... ( noticeable to small cars and mini vans ) but in my truck i will run their asses over to the other lane, when I had my Monster GMC Jimmy 4x4 everyone gave me room....lol But truely why dont people abide by this? The speed limit here is 70 and not too far out its 80 well people do 80 here and 90-100 further out, so the merge lane isnt as long as it seems and there are some really short like here at the Herculanium acceleration ramp it is maybe 50 feet and there is a truck stop, the semis getting on that steep ramp cannot get any speed up that ramp so all the cars back up behind him and as soon as they are past the concrete the dart around the semis basically cutting him off from getting over... idiots, complete idiots. I will stop on the ramp, let the semi get up and on the highway then I romp it and dissappear into the horizon....lol

sonocativo 02-05-2012 11:31 PM

Warlock... There is a Semi truck scrap yard where I got my rig horn at... they are alot louder than the air horns that came with my kit...they will sell you one for $30, Mine is round but Im thinking to get the square ones this summer and maybe mount on the roof? but too noticeable to the cops, but like the square style better. This is what I got and where its mounted.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...ckready001.jpg

CajunDodge 02-06-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonocativo (Post 714416)
Here we have the Acceleration Ramp to get on the highway, you either go faster than traffic and get on or pace a car and merge behind them... It is a law here for the first lane of traffic to get over to allow the acceleration ramp vehicles to merge on without any issues but they are *******s and they dont change lanes as they are supposed to... ( noticeable to small cars and mini vans ) but in my truck i will run their asses over to the other lane, when I had my Monster GMC Jimmy 4x4 everyone gave me room....lol But truely why dont people abide by this? The speed limit here is 70 and not too far out its 80 well people do 80 here and 90-100 further out, so the merge lane isnt as long as it seems and there are some really short like here at the Herculanium acceleration ramp it is maybe 50 feet and there is a truck stop, the semis getting on that steep ramp cannot get any speed up that ramp so all the cars back up behind him and as soon as they are past the concrete the dart around the semis basically cutting him off from getting over... idiots, complete idiots. I will stop on the ramp, let the semi get up and on the highway then I romp it and dissappear into the horizon....lol

That's a VERY good point! Here, on the 4-lane I take to work, the speed limit is 60 only on the bridge where it jumps up from 55 if you're going eastbound and on the other end, going towards Houma, goes up to 70. Here's a pic of the bridge, and as you can see to the far right is the on ramp, it's very short and for those already in the lanes of traffic, very difficult to see who or what type of vehicle is trying to merge into traffic

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s...g/DSC_0103.jpg

Those of us locals who live here and travel that way everyday, know where these on ramps are and, speaking for myself, I anticipate them and move over accordingly so long as I can. Believe me, we have plenty of people who can't drive even when they're not on their cell phone and who have absolutely no courtesy for other drivers. One thing I have grown accustomed to is driving through cities and it really is a case of people will run you over if you don't keep up. What really irritates me is the people who see, well in advance, a vehicle on the side of the road, flashers on, and they don't move over, or those who will not get out of the way when an emergency vehicle is behind them. All I can hope for is that if that's the ambulance that is coming to save me, other drivers have pulled over to let them pass. The public highway is not only the most dangerous place to be, but also shows the difference between those who have common sense and courtesy from those who don't.

- Cajun