DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Dash Lights and Shop Manuals (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103752)

300CBro 02-06-2012 06:48 PM

Dash Lights and Shop Manuals

Greetings All. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to how to change the interior lights from green to blue on a 2012Ram 1500. I'm talking about lights such as the heater controls, windows, overhead console, etc.. I was told that it was believed that they all work by fiber optics, and if I find where it begins, (Somewhere behind the dash), that all I'd have to do is change the one bulb to the blue one, and they'd all light up in blue.? Sounds too easy to be true.
Also, has anyone been able to find a Shop Manual? If I had one of them, I'd be able to figure the light deal out. Thanks a lot for your time and help, and it's a real pleasure to be a part of this forum. Have Fun!

Studbuster 02-13-2012 08:58 PM

A copy of the '09 Ram Factory Service Manual can be down loaded from the first page of the 09 forum. It is for the 09 but the trucks are a LOT alike. For free ,it is a good place to start.

300CBro 02-16-2012 09:02 PM

Thanks Studbuster, I appreciate the info and will check it out first thing tomorrow. Have a good one.

mafarrar 08-09-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300CBro (Post 715021)
Greetings All. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to how to change the interior lights from green to blue on a 2012Ram 1500. I'm talking about lights such as the heater controls, windows, overhead console, etc.. I was told that it was believed that they all work by fiber optics, and if I find where it begins, (Somewhere behind the dash), that all I'd have to do is change the one bulb to the blue one, and they'd all light up in blue.? Sounds too easy to be true.
Also, has anyone been able to find a Shop Manual? If I had one of them, I'd be able to figure the light deal out. Thanks a lot for your time and help, and it's a real pleasure to be a part of this forum. Have Fun!

Any update on this? I would also be interested in this.

Miami Son 08-09-2012 10:19 AM

The lighting is mostly LED and not provided by a single source such as fiber optics use. In the Customizing subforum there are lots of threads on how to change interior lighting. It is not for the faint of heart or shy of soldering skills.

mafarrar 08-09-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami Son (Post 861585)
The lighting is mostly LED and not provided by a single source such as fiber optics use. In the Customizing subforum there are lots of threads on how to change interior lighting. It is not for the faint of heart or shy of soldering skills.

haha ill start poking around in there, thanks! Im not so interested in the cabin lights but like the lights on the A/C controls etc the ones in that area would be sweet to not have green :LOL: