DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Best place to purchace off-road wheel and tire package (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103839)

BJPUSMC 02-07-2012 02:48 PM

Best place to purchace off-road wheel and tire package

I'm just wondering where you all found as the best place to get a good deal on off-road wheel and tire packages for our truck. I am looking at upgrading my old Pro-Comp 18 x 9 wheels with Pro-Comp Xtreme ATs for a nice looking set of 20 x 9 or 20 x 10 wheels with Nitto Trail Grapplers 35 x 12.5.

Most places I look when you add up the wheels and tires and then mounting and balancing and shipping on to really rack up the cost. RimZoneOnline seems like it has some reasonable prices on their pre-built packages with free shipping but the selection for our truck seems pretty limited. Also So Western KY customs with similar prices but wondering if there were any others out there with more selection or even other options i may not have considered. thanks.

BJPUSMC 02-11-2012 03:00 PM

Really?? No one has any feedback on this?

GTyankee 02-11-2012 03:20 PM

I always use Discount Tire, they are also called American Tire

Rayne 02-11-2012 08:11 PM

Cheapest I found was http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/

If I was in the US i would have went that route for sure but it just wasnt worth it by the time I got them to me in Canada

doz 02-11-2012 08:42 PM

Discount Tire. Go speak to them in person and they will hook you up. I got my wheels/tires cheaper than I could find ANYWHERE on the internet, including mount balance and the replacement certificates. DT will beat online pricing if you actually go in and speak with a manager.

LL247 02-11-2012 09:12 PM

Hoping to see any other suggestions since I'm in the same boat. Just waiting to pull the trigger on the right-priced 20's and 35's package.

doz 02-11-2012 09:56 PM

Seriously LL, go check out Discount Tire if you have one in your area. They will come down in price quite a bit, youll be surprised. Even with tax, it was cheaper than purchasing them online (with free shipping options) for me to get my Nitto Terra Grapplers (34.5" x 11.75").

337ram 02-12-2012 02:14 PM

Man I just went through two weeks of searching and looking like you for wheels and tires, found most of the best deals via flea bay, I ended up ordering rims and tires seperate off of ebay. 20x10 kmc and 35x12.5x20 nitto trail grapplers, ended up 200 cheaper than any package deal I could find and thats with me paying mouting and balancing. I bought the rims from this seller off ebay, ronsrims1 . He had really good prices on rims. The tires I got lucky and they were used but never mounted, the guy bought them and changed his mind, he wold of had to pay to return them so instead he sold them on ebay, 1300 shipped for the trail grapplers

LL247 02-14-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doz (Post 720018)
Seriously LL, go check out Discount Tire if you have one in your area. They will come down in price quite a bit, youll be surprised. Even with tax, it was cheaper than purchasing them online (with free shipping options) for me to get my Nitto Terra Grapplers (34.5" x 11.75").

I appreciate the advice, but there's no location within a hundred miles of me.

Still searching...just trying to find the best overall deal for a set of 20X9 XD Hoss' and 35'' Trail Grapplers... :shakehead:

doz 02-14-2012 02:28 PM

Probably ebay would be your best bet then and have a tireshop mount/balance for you. What shops do you have in your area for wheels/tires? They are all really competitive nowadays, being that they have to fight with online pricing so maybe they can hook you up.