DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone running 22's?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=103964)

5280RAM 02-08-2012 09:07 PM

Anyone running 22's??
 
Just wondering if anyone is running 22s with their lift? I saw a 22x9.5 rim with 285/55 Nitto Trail Grapplers that I was interested in...any know how I can find out what the overall diameter is??

Or is anything passed 20s against the "rules"?

CountryD 02-08-2012 09:20 PM

Im curious on this too. But I have a '12 2500 crew cab 4x4 and want to run a 4.5 inch lift (ICON) and want to run 35's, but the problem is there isnt alot of tire(M/T) options for 22s, unless you go 37's. Dont want to lift it that high.

To the OP, what size lift you gonna run?

5280RAM 02-09-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryD (Post 717127)
Im curious on this too. But I have a '12 2500 crew cab 4x4 and want to run a 4.5 inch lift (ICON) and want to run 35's, but the problem is there isnt alot of tire(M/T) options for 22s, unless you go 37's. Dont want to lift it that high.

To the OP, what size lift you gonna run?


Not sure yet...trying to figure out the overall diameter first, then see what I will need to go with as a minimum, know what I mean?

I'm new to all this...

337ram 02-09-2012 09:15 AM

You can run 35s on 22, I bought a used set of 22s rims and was going to go that route, backed out and the only reason I did was l$$$ for cost of tires. The only down fall is there isnt a lot of meat on side wall, but if all you ever do is seldom offroad then you will be fine

337ram 02-09-2012 09:17 AM

Nitto, cooper, falken and hankook make 22 AT tires.............Also they make 33s for 22 wheels but the side wall is very narrow

NWRQC 02-09-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280RAM (Post 717115)
Just wondering if anyone is running 22s with their lift? I saw a 22x9.5 rim with 285/55 Nitto Trail Grapplers that I was interested in...any know how I can find out what the overall diameter is??

Or is anything passed 20s against the "rules"?


34.34" tall
11.22" wide


http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...bmit&reset=yes

5280RAM 02-09-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 337ram (Post 717485)
You can run 35s on 22, I bought a used set of 22s rims and was going to go that route, backed out and the only reason I did was l$$$ for cost of tires. The only down fall is there isnt a lot of meat on side wall, but if all you ever do is seldom offroad then you will be fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by 337ram (Post 717487)
Nitto, cooper, falken and hankook make 22 AT tires.............Also they make 33s for 22 wheels but the side wall is very narrow

I would be the type to seldom offroad. Most my Ram will prob see is the sand dunes where I go to ride my quad

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWRQC (Post 717493)

Thank you!

I was wanting to level with bilsteins and do a 1.25 body lift...that should clear 35s?

2k84by 02-10-2012 03:01 AM

The issue with 22's on a 35, and why people seldom go that far, is simply durability. Have you ever driven a vehicle with 22" wheels? Especially with lo-pro tires? You have to be careful of every single pot hole you go over. If you run 22's you pretty much loose your off-road ability...thus bringing up the point of, why have a lifted 4x4 if you're not going to take it off road?

NWRQC 02-10-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280RAM (Post 718208)
I would be the type to seldom offroad. Most my Ram will prob see is the sand dunes where I go to ride my quad



Thank you!

I was wanting to level with bilsteins and do a 1.25 body lift...that should clear 35s?

Long as the offset of the wheels is good you'll be good to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k84by (Post 718400)
The issue with 22's on a 35, and why people seldom go that far, is simply durability. Have you ever driven a vehicle with 22" wheels? Especially with lo-pro tires? You have to be careful of every single pot hole you go over. If you run 22's you pretty much loose your off-road ability...thus bringing up the point of, why have a lifted 4x4 if you're not going to take it off road?

While 22's are not my cup of tea, running them with a 35" tire is no different than 20's and a 33" tire.

337ram 02-10-2012 08:46 AM

^^^^^ exactly NMR, I think we will see more and more 22s running AT tires, if it was me I would only go with 35s on the 22s for more protection of the rim.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger