DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   HOLY Death Wobble!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=104031)

Knuckles 02-09-2012 04:41 PM

HOLY Death Wobble!!

Good thing I have full coverage because I'm about to drive my truck off a cliff! I've got a death wobble so bad it will toss you out of your seat if your not wearing your seat belt. I replaced ball joints, control arm bushings, power steering box, track bar bushings, tie rods, axle u-joints, and even the tires. I had my friend turn the wheels while I look underneath the front and there is no play in any of the steering components. But I still have this crazy wobble. Its only when i hit a bump and it happens at any speed. Any suggestions?

05cr125r 02-09-2012 11:51 PM

man i feel your pain....i have replaced shocks,steering stab,drag link, tracbar,steering gear kit. it's better since i drive slow now, i avoid potholes at all cost and let my foot off the gas when going over bridge joints.honestly i didnt know this about the 2500's. I have had 1500's in the past with 0 issues.I would like to try the steering box stabilizer from BD Diesel. Please let me know what you find..good luck

CdnoilRAM 02-10-2012 12:10 AM

There is no one fix for the death wobble. The double arm steering stabilizer helps most people greatly, and another that I read about was replacing a worn bushing in the steering assembly, but you'd have to google that one and see if you could find it yourself.

Knuckles 02-10-2012 03:14 AM

Oh yeah i also replaced the steering stabilizer, its just a Rancho though. Did replacing the shocks help at all?

DOZER 02-10-2012 01:43 PM

I had the same problem. New ball joints all around, axle shaft on one side and new tires and it went away.

Knuckles 02-10-2012 05:03 PM

How did you tell the axle shaft was bad? I was thinking about replacing those but i didnt know how to tell if they are bad

05cr125r 02-10-2012 11:20 PM

i didnt have problems until after i put schocks on, surprisingly. the dealership sold me the truck with blown schocks. they put the new ones on for free

DOZER 02-11-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckles (Post 718762)
How did you tell the axle shaft was bad? I was thinking about replacing those but i didnt know how to tell if they are bad

Not sure. Dealer did the work. I bought the truck used and it started right away. They did the axle and ball joints and it was still there although greatly reduced. Once I put new tires on it, it went away completely.

08ramKING 02-12-2012 10:53 AM

did you have stock or off road tires prior to replacing them???

DOZER 02-13-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08ramKING (Post 720314)
did you have stock or off road tires prior to replacing them???

They were neither. They were a mismatched set. Two Hankooks in the front and two of something else in the back. They didn't even have an LT rating. :i_rolleyes: