DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   HELP! Sidekick 4g phone will not stay connected! 2011 Sport (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=104047)

New2Ram 02-09-2012 06:46 PM

HELP! Sidekick 4g phone will not stay connected! 2011 Sport

Hey all. I just got a new phone, Tmoblile Samsung Sidekick 4g, and it will not stay connected to the Uconnect. It connects when I start the truck, but then is constantly losing connection. The phone says that is connected the whole time, but the little phone battery and signal strength icons go away. Then 20-30 seconds later, come back. It just does this over and over. I have the 430nav radio. My old phone (Nokia Mode e-73) worked flawlessly with the Uconnect. This is my first android phone, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated with this thing! :4-angermax:

xsdbs 02-09-2012 07:34 PM

This has been an issue with the way the phone is trying to download the phonebook to the Uconnect system. One way to verify this is to delete the phones pairing from Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone. Start a new pairing session and this time when the permission to download your phonebook, don't accept. The request will come back about 3 - 5 times, just ignore it. It will go away. Now does the phone connect in a few minutes? I say a few minutes because this will be the amount of time that it takes for the request box to stop popping up (about 5 minutes).
Another question is, have you performed or had the dealer perform the 20011 Uconnect SW update. The Chrysler TSB # is 08-036-11 rev A. If not then see the link below and post #40 for the instructions. You will want to do this update for sure.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=91107&page=4

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Ram (Post 717890)
Hey all. I just got a new phone, Tmoblile Samsung Sidekick 4g, and it will not stay connected to the Uconnect. It connects when I start the truck, but then is constantly losing connection. The phone says that is connected the whole time, but the little phone battery and signal strength icons go away. Then 20-30 seconds later, come back. It just does this over and over. I have the 430nav radio. My old phone (Nokia Mode e-73) worked flawlessly with the Uconnect. This is my first android phone, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated with this thing! :4-angermax:

doug713 02-09-2012 08:49 PM

Yep,, what he said^^^^^. Reps to ya man, ( if I knew how to do that,,lol)

New2Ram 02-10-2012 11:40 PM

Well, downloaded the file, formated my usb flash drive, loaded it on there, put it in the slot in the radio, then uconnect told me that update was not valid and to try again. So no go on the update for now. Might try it again tomorrow, it's 9 degrees outside now, so not doing it tonight. Might have to take it to the dealerd to see if they can do the update. Thanks for the info.

xsdbs 02-11-2012 05:27 PM

It won't work in the USB connector on the radio, you need to use the one in the glove box. The one on the radio is for playing & uploading media files to the HD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Ram (Post 719201)
Well, downloaded the file, formated my usb flash drive, loaded it on there, put it in the slot in the radio, then uconnect told me that update was not valid and to try again. So no go on the update for now. Might try it again tomorrow, it's 9 degrees outside now, so not doing it tonight. Might have to take it to the dealerd to see if they can do the update. Thanks for the info.

New2Ram 02-12-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 719753)
It won't work in the USB connector on the radio, you need to use the one in the glove box. The one on the radio is for playing & uploading media files to the HD.

Thanks xsdbs for all the help. I put the flash drive into the slot in the glovebox, and says install usb with update loaded on it and try again. So, my next question is, I have not recieved the update cd with the update for the sirrius travel link, does it need to be done first. I read a post somewhere that we needed both done or system would be unstable. I have figured out that if I turn the bluetooth off everytime I get out of the truck, then turn it back on everytime I get in, it seems to stay connected better. Just sucks cause my last phone I never turned the bluetooth off, never had to worry about it.

I just deleted the file off of the flash drive and put it back on and will try again tomorrow. I would love to get this resolved. Thanks for all your help!

xsdbs 02-13-2012 10:25 AM

The radio and the Uconnect are 2 completely separate systems and won't interfere with each others update. So you can do the Uconnect update and then the radio when you get the disc for it.
What is the SW in the phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Ram (Post 720147)
Thanks xsdbs for all the help. I put the flash drive into the slot in the glovebox, and says install usb with update loaded on it and try again. So, my next question is, I have not recieved the update cd with the update for the sirrius travel link, does it need to be done first. I read a post somewhere that we needed both done or system would be unstable. I have figured out that if I turn the bluetooth off everytime I get out of the truck, then turn it back on everytime I get in, it seems to stay connected better. Just sucks cause my last phone I never turned the bluetooth off, never had to worry about it.

I just deleted the file off of the flash drive and put it back on and will try again tomorrow. I would love to get this resolved. Thanks for all your help!

New2Ram 02-13-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 721346)
The radio and the Uconnect are 2 completely separate systems and won't interfere with each others update. So you can do the Uconnect update and then the radio when you get the disc for it.
What is the SW in the phone?

It is an android phone. It says "kernel version 2.6.32.9" and "firmware version 2.2.1" . I have no idea what any of that means...I'm not familiar with android devices yet. I am a former Blackberry and symbian os user. I have not tried the update again, I got a chance at some overtime today:smileup:

xsdbs 02-15-2012 12:03 PM

Let us know how it goes after the update ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2Ram (Post 722099)
It is an android phone. It says "kernel version 2.6.32.9" and "firmware version 2.2.1" . I have no idea what any of that means...I'm not familiar with android devices yet. I am a former Blackberry and symbian os user. I have not tried the update again, I got a chance at some overtime today:smileup:

xsdbs 02-20-2012 08:43 AM

checking to see if there's any update on this issue with the sidekick?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 723485)
Let us know how it goes after the update ok.