DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   BSM Exhaust Works - Dodge Ram Performance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Mufflex Weld in Y-Pipe (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=104615)

Exhaust Junkie 02-15-2012 10:58 AM

Mufflex Weld in Y-Pipe

Mufflex is working on a weld in Y-pipe for all you 2009-2012 Dodge 1500 guys out there. It will be a mandrel bent replacement pipe kit that will be welded right to the cats and replace that whole ugly factory merge pipe set up. All stainless and Dyno tested, it will make more power over stock. Coming soon, Ill let you know.

crusher 02-15-2012 12:08 PM

great news,

hope it will not be over pricey,.. let say comparable to the magnaflow one or cheapper would be good...

doz 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

Considering that no piping would need to be added or changed w/ this kit, it will be priced a bit higher than the magnaflow y-pipe but the costs of having a shop change the piping should offset.

Id hope for a pricetag of about $60 to $80.

snrusnak 02-15-2012 04:08 PM

I think your pricing guesses are probably a bit optimistic....keep in mind there will be a few bends with this kit (mandrel none the less) and it will replace several feet of pipe. It will be a great product though...

crusher 02-15-2012 05:12 PM

well. if its a complet quality kit like the dod24 and others , and that everything is made to lign up... then

i want one :)

doz 02-15-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 723633)
I think your pricing guesses are probably a bit optimistic....keep in mind there will be a few bends with this kit (mandrel none the less) and it will replace several feet of pipe. It will be a great product though...

Yeah, well just have to see. Id prefer it bolt-in to weld-in though if my price is optimistic. You have to consider you can get a $25 magnaflow y-pipe and have it installed (with new pipe to fit it) for about $100. Thats $125 total so if this thing has to be welded in and is over $100, kind of negates getting it and you might as well get the maggy y-pipe.

If its bolt in, thats completely different as you wouldnt have to pay an exhaust shop to weld it in.

snrusnak 02-15-2012 07:10 PM

^ I agree. Keep in mind too though that the pipe that crosses over from the driver's side to the passenger side is also crushed.

It would be nice to have it be a clamp on setup...

snrusnak 02-15-2012 07:11 PM

Exhaust Junkie:

Maybe you could pass some tips on to them for their development. I think in general, we'd all REALLY rather it be bolt on, especially if it crosses over in the same location under the transmission(it would be nice to be able to unbolt the exhaust for trans removals).

Also, is there any timeline guesstimates? I would buy one if it'll be out within a few months, otherwise I'll probably do my own...

Exhaust Junkie 02-15-2012 11:03 PM

There isnt an easy way to bolt it on but we'll see what happens, Ill talk with them and see how its coming along and update everyone soon.

RC DuDe 02-16-2012 02:48 AM

I can't wait to see it. I just bought a Magnaflow Y-Pipe but will now wait.