DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Windows (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=104981)

fishinf1 02-18-2012 06:07 PM

Windows

I have to admit I'm a little OCD when it comes to windows. I have tried every name brand window cleaner out there. The cleaners all promise to be the best with no streaking (B.S.). I hate streaks/smears and spots on my windows. Today I found a cleaner that is the best and the cheapest for a true spray on wipe off no streaks/smears or water spot cleaner. I picked up a quart of DENATURED ALCOHOL from Lowes for $7.00. Mixed 1 oz with 11 oz of tap water in a spray bottle. Sprayed on the windows (did not run down the window just stayed in place) wiped with one side of the cotton towel, turned the towel over and wiped clean. I tried rubbing alcohol which kind of worked but this DENATURED alcohol is the shiznet! No more streaks or smears. Mixture works AWESOME. Quick, easy, and cheap. This is new to me so I thought I would pass it on.

daggertats 02-18-2012 08:26 PM

thanks for the tip. have you ever tried stoners glass cleaner? i use that with either just newspaper or the shop towel paper towel. that seams to do the trick for me .

fishinf1 02-18-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggertats (Post 726592)
thanks for the tip. have you ever tried stoners glass cleaner? i use that with either just newspaper or the shop towel paper towel. that seams to do the trick for me .

Invisible glass is made by stoners, I use to think it was a good product lately it seems like it smears the heck out of the windows. Don't know if they changed the formula now that you can find it at any corner store or what the deal is.

Chunkem 03-03-2012 09:39 PM

Hey thanks for the information... I too find myself getting ticked off after you spray the window only to find a ton of streaks.... Thanks again....

Ed

seltzer 03-04-2012 12:01 AM

I have used wax (actually just glaze/polish) on glass before. Leaves the windows completely clean. The only problem now is my windows are tinited....so that leaves me with using Glass Magic.

When I say wax, I don't mean carnuba, but rather the cheap white chalky shit that washes away after a rainstorm! It does a great job, and I still use it on the outside windows...makes a big difference when it does rain, the water sheds off them pretty quick.

firegal 04-07-2012 02:11 AM

How does it work with hard water spots...I swear the camper shell I just bought has the most harsh spots and NOTHING I've tried so far has gotten them off.

shawdog 04-07-2012 06:04 AM

I've used compound wax and a buffer on glass windows and it works great. Camper shell windows may not be glass though. You could try a small spot and rub by hand but be careful. If the window is some kind of plastic(Plexiglas or Lexan)you could scratch it up.

primo spaghetti 04-08-2012 09:26 PM

Ive just picked up a bottle of Wellworth Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner and a Thief glass towel. the thief glass towel made my glass very clear.it is lint free and leave no evidence of its use. it is 70/30 blend of microfiber is specifically designed for glass. im not sure the glass cleaner would be as good without the towel. i think it is a good combo. I would be hesitant to use it on non OEM tint however...it seems very harsh for tint to me.:smileup:

highlandchef 04-17-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinf1 (Post 726502)
I picked up a quart of DENATURED ALCOHOL from Lowes for $7.00. Mixed 1 oz with 11 oz of tap water in a spray bottle.

That makes a great cleaner but you want to use distilled water not tap. There are too many contaminants in tap water and they can build up over time.

PaulMys 06-13-2012 10:27 PM

Has anyone tried 3M spray glass cleaner? That stuff works GREAT on my glass!