DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Warranty Issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Will a Dash Rattle Covered by warranty (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105385)

Roman Chariot 02-22-2012 02:56 PM

Will a Dash Rattle Covered by warranty

I have a rattle in my dash that I first noticed around 6,000 miles. Now at 12,000 it has gotten progressively worse and it's driving me nuts.

I'm going in for routine maintenance this week and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the service advisor to look at it.

Has anyone else had any luck with these types of things?

GTyankee 02-22-2012 03:01 PM

It seems like i remember several members having a dash rattle
I think it was in the 2010s
Someone will certainly read your post & tell you what happened

jerry donihoo 02-23-2012 08:55 PM

Im just hoping the dashes dont crack like the older models,I can always turn my radio up lol

Triton189 02-23-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman Chariot (Post 730458)
I have a rattle in my dash that I first noticed around 6,000 miles. Now at 12,000 it has gotten progressively worse and it's driving me nuts.

I'm going in for routine maintenance this week and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the service advisor to look at it.

Has anyone else had any luck with these types of things?

I have a 2012 and I have had the dash rattle since day one. Can't seem to pinpoint what is causing it. I believe it may be a wiring harness behind the radio bezel tapping....? If I put my hand on the dash towards the pass side it goes away.

2002z28 02-24-2012 09:25 PM

YEs it will be covered. Had mine in on e already. Still have a rattle. It's going back in

mrcivic 05-24-2012 03:43 PM

my dealership made a feeble attempt of fixing it, same thing behind the radio under the top, only seems bad when it is warm. I am wondering if Chrysler will give me a rental vehicle for this as I have to drive almost an hour to take my truck there and then they want me to be ready for a day or two. I am not impressed that they did not even take the dash apart last time just pulled off a bezel and stuffed some foam behind it and put a big scuff in the bezel. They told me that there was no rental option but I might call Chrysler Canada and see.

malavalley 08-14-2012 11:45 AM

My dash rattled in my 2011. You could alleviate the rattle by ever so slightly pressing down on the dashboard itself above the radio. After 3 failed attempts by the dealer to repair it I pulled the radio and bezel out to investigate. What I found was the union to the defrost duct was too tight and would rattle with movement(there is a foam seal for reference that hides the joint). Since they glued the duct to the dash board, any time the dash board vibrates it cause the two ends of the duct to rattle together and resonate through the dash. I ended up removing the foam seal and carefully trimmed the ducts with a razor. I resealed them with some gorilla duct tape...no more rattles. I also did my fathers 2009 sport so probably problem over series of years. Hope that helps.

LUBINATOR 08-16-2012 09:43 AM

Rattle

I had a rattle on passenger side fairly close to where windshield, pillar and dash all meet.

I had the dealer remove the dash under warranty and they did find two sections of metal to plastic that were "clicking" together. When they had the dash apart I asked them to "pack" any suspect areas, including cables/wiring, with padding and I have no more rattle since.

I was going to take dash off myself, but watched them do it instead.

Make them do it while still under warranty.

Richie

Airdog 03-07-2014 12:56 AM

My 2009 Sport had this problem. The T shaped defrost duct behind the radio was too tight and would rattle with movement (there is a foam seal on it that hides the joint). Since the duct is glued to the dash board, any time the dash board vibrates it cause the two ends of the duct to rattle together and resonate through the dash. I ended up removing the foam seal and taped them with some gorilla duct tape...no more rattles.

Here's a video of exactly what I heard... very pronounced at the :40 sec mark.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIccsiQzLR0

Buellrider 03-12-2014 02:21 PM

I had a dash rattle fixed on my 12 R/T under warranty...