DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   DiabloSport inTune... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105415)

DodgeRamMan71 02-22-2012 06:29 PM

DiabloSport inTune...

I got the inTune today. I went out and loaded up the 87 tune. It is raining out, so I put it in 4x4 mode and took it out for a bit. I can tell it has a bit more get up. This is a very new to me process and I will have to play with some parameters till I get it the way I want it, but so far so good. DiabloSport seems to be very helpful and that will be helpful to me as well. I am very new to the tune thing, so I am looking to pick their brains as to what I should and can do to get it tuned in good.:LOL:

platinuminjected 02-22-2012 07:14 PM

congrats on the purchase bud and the first thing i would do is remove the mds

rinkerman 02-23-2012 11:49 AM

Agree on turning off MDS. Best thing i ever did

ShawnC13 02-23-2012 12:07 PM

How did turning off MDS affect MPG?

DodgeRamMan71 02-23-2012 06:01 PM

I went and filled up with Shell 93 octane put 22 gallons in it. Then loaded up the 91 tune and so far it seems like a meaner RAM,lmao. I am still in the first stages of testing (lol) so I do not have MPG numbers. Also it has been raining off and on, so no real tire burning as yet. Went over to my buddies house and backed into his drive, then gave it some gas and I thought the GoodYears where gonna chew up the cement,lol. I stopped and then did the same going forward. It was dry, not wet/damp, so it does have more get up. Knock on wood, no issues with tune changes, so.... stay tuned (no pun intended) lmao.:LOL:

DodgeRamMan71 02-27-2012 11:42 AM

Ok, so I have the inTune tuner and the 91 tune loaded in the RAM. I took it out yesterday first real dry day since I got the tuner. Drove a mile or so to make sure tires were free of any mud, water,etc. I came to a empty road and stopped. Ok, so I bumped the throttle booster up from 5% to max 20%. I them stomped the peddle to the floor and OMG!!! The RAM laid a rubber mark est 2 RAM lengths on the pavement. I have the 3.55 rear end. I have never been able to squawk the tires before. Now, only one tire laid rubber, but traction control kept me straight,lol. I can not believe the power it has opened up. The tuner states an added 25 HP and 25 FtTq. Plus I have the MOPAR CAI on it. I am very please with it so far. I am still test the 91 tune. The MPG booster tune will be next on my agenda. :wavey:

platinuminjected 02-27-2012 01:21 PM

glad you like it bud and if you turn off the traction control you will be able to lay a much longer strip then that:)

DodgeRamMan71 02-28-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinuminjected (Post 734947)
glad you like it bud and if you turn off the traction control you will be able to lay a much longer strip then that:)

Yes, but will it stay straight? lol. I want to maintain control in a straight line. Besides, I do not want to buy new tires this year,lol. It does make a night and day difference. I have a buddy that has a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7L and when he brings it out of it's winters nap, I told him we need to run them, so I can get an idea how much faster it is. The RAM that is,lol.:wow:

916Timmy 02-28-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgeRamMan71 (Post 735636)
Yes, but will it stay straight? lol. I want to maintain control in a straight line. Besides, I do not want to buy new tires this year,lol. It does make a night and day difference. I have a buddy that has a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7L and when he brings it out of it's winters nap, I told him we need to run them, so I can get an idea how much faster it is. The RAM that is,lol.:wow:

Thats what the steering wheel is for! :) InTune is awesome!

DodgeRamMan71 02-28-2012 01:26 PM

I wish it were a true posi traction. it is cool that I can lay some rubber down, but wish it were two tracks.:SHOCKED: