DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sirius Radio (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105495)

Parkersdad 02-23-2012 04:17 PM

Sirius Radio

I have a few more months of free Sirius radio but was wondering if you guys think it is worth keeping? What kind of cost are we looking at per month? I know the one thing I will miss is listening to the football games on my hour long drive home after my hunt. Any info would be helpful
Thanks. Jeremy

mfr1950 02-23-2012 08:55 PM

For my Challenger and Ram its $34 monthly,I didn't renew just not worth it...

seltzer 02-23-2012 09:05 PM

I've talked to people who have put up resistance and got it for under $70 when paid for an entire year at once. I too am still under a trial...I may keep it, I may not. I plan on trying the "just too much per month" thing and see what they say.

RedRiverRam 02-23-2012 10:08 PM

I've had first XM, then Sirius now for many years. Would not be without it. Fortunately I just bought my truck last month and I get a free year - but prior to that I was paying $15.49 per month. If you drive locally and have a favorite station I can see argument against it, but I travel cross country a great deal each year and love the fact I can dial in a station and listen to it now matter how far and through how many states I travel.

I got tired of always running out of reception just when the Cowboys game was about to end, or just when the NASCAR race was near the checkers and that was even if I could find the event. The variety to me is amazing. While I like all types of music - well most - I can single in on whatever my ear prefers at the moment. Sure you can accomplish the same with an iPod but at what investment in music? I even enjoy the old time classic radio dramas - remind me of my childhood listening at night to faraway stations on a transistor radio. Frankly I couldn't tell you a single local radio station that serves my area and I've lived here 13 years now.

I use Sirius and my iPod and have no need for any other radio. I wouldn't be without it!

UWmad 02-23-2012 10:27 PM

Do not ever pay full price. I'm coming from years with XM...Sirus should be the same? I would wait until the last day and then call in and just tell the 1st person your are talking to that you want to cancel. They will then transfer you to the cancellation dept. Don't worry...they do not want to lose your business. Just tell them that it costs too much and the free radio is fine. They will then offer you the promotion that is going on at that time. Usually it is $30 for 6 months (something around $5/month). Then after 6 months...call them again and do the same. They will not let you cancel if at all possible. It's worked every time for me and I have 2 vehicles that have it so I'm calling like every other 3 months depending on which vehicle is ending.

lightspeed 02-23-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UWmad (Post 731814)
Do not ever pay full price. I'm coming from years with XM...Sirus should be the same? I would wait until the last day and then call in and just tell the 1st person your are talking to that you want to cancel. They will then transfer you to the cancellation dept. Don't worry...they do not want to lose your business. Just tell them that it costs too much and the free radio is fine. They will then offer you the promotion that is going on at that time. Usually it is $30 for 6 months (something around $5/month). Then after 6 months...call them again and do the same. They will not let you cancel if at all possible. It's worked every time for me and I have 2 vehicles that have it so I'm calling like every other 3 months depending on which vehicle is ending.

I Do The Same Thing,,,,I Have It On 2 Trucks:LOL:

mikeski 02-23-2012 11:39 PM

If you have unlimited download on your phone you can use Pandora. That was my plan and then I got this free year. So I will use it and then cancel after the year. I just can't justify the cost.

Mikeski...

RamEZ 02-24-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UWmad (Post 731814)

That makes three of us! I just renewed today using this method. $5 a month is a whole lot better than the $14.49 a month (Select Package) that they initially quoted me.

Hemiblack 02-24-2012 01:41 AM

I don't think it makes a difference but I've had Sirius for almost 7 years. When I called about my trial subscription I asked what kind of deal I could get. I renewed my subscription which won't even be taken out of my account till my trial is done and then it's only $48.00 for another year. So basically I'm getting 2 years for $2.00 a month. Not bad in my opinion. Same thing when my wife bought her Cadillac a while back. She called to cancel her XM and they offered her another one year deal for around 50 bucks a year.

Excoastie 02-24-2012 03:35 PM

I posted on this topic last year. I've linked that thread below.

click here
to see what was said

Exco