DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Depressed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105505)

SNAKEBIT-TX21 02-23-2012 05:09 PM

Depressed

got 7500 mi. on the new 1500 4x4 Laramie and never been so disappointed in a new vehicle in all my life!!!!
won't spin a tire,won't downshift around a corner when you slow to 20 mph,throttle lag/response is crazy!!!
we have a 11 year old Toyota 4 cyl that will spin the tires harder!!!!
acts like all the shocks are bad at speeds over 50 on the freeway.
stereo display will not auto dim at nite. the list goes on!!!!
getting barely 11mpg around town and about the same on the freeway pulling a Bassboat.

may go back to driving the 98 Suburban 2500 4x4 with the 454!!!:4-dontknow:

Razorbass 02-23-2012 05:30 PM

You have to turn the traction control button off to spin the tires. I average 12-14 mpg with or without my bass boat attached. Don't drive much at night so I have never thought aboute auto-dim but thus far it has not bothered me. As for the other issues, I can't say as I have not noticed them in my Laramie.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...uff/Button.jpg

APSTRAM 02-23-2012 05:40 PM

What gear ratio do you have on your Laramie?

Make sure you turn off the MDS by manually shifting to 5 using the +/- on the shiter. Turning off the MDS will make the truck feel completely different.

I have plenty of power to spin both tires even with 3.55 gears and limited slip and with the traction control off it is even better.

GTyankee 02-23-2012 06:05 PM

MPG gets better the closer you get to 5,000 miles
I don't use high gear in town/city, just on the highway
If you want to dim the radio, i believe that the headlight rheostat controls the instrument panel & radio, as well as the ash tray light in the overhead console
If it does not control the radios light, go into the radios MENU, you can set the brightness, i forget the settings

I have the full floor console & i paddle shift manually, it is not perfect
The new cars have AutoStick, i hope the Rams get it soon

Chrysler's 45RFE, 545RFE, & 65RFE are the same transmission, just upgraded software
The 45RFE has been around since 1999, time for a major change

sylster 02-23-2012 09:11 PM

Just throwing in my 2 cents....not trying to attack anyone....but coming here and bashing the trucks....probably gonna get some backlash from that kinda comments

won't spin a tire, Mine does...no problem

won't downshift around a corner when you slow to 20 mph,throttle lag/response is crazy!!! a bit annoying but putting it in "5" manually kinda fixes that

is it standard or automatic? :4-dontknow:

humm...can't comment mine ride just fine

stereo display will not auto dim at nite.

the auto dim works perfect on mine....I'd have that check.

getting barely 11mpg around town and about the same on the freeway pulling a Bassboat.

Well....if you're steeping on it all the time to break the tires free and have a lead foot....yeah...they're hard on gas.....I get 15MPG pulling my travel trailer with my 3.92's at 65MPH.....Just saying the right foot has a lot to do with it

How's the gas mileage on that?

Just saying....I can't complain about mine and the issues you're having...some I'd get checked and some I'd take a look at how I'm driving....I have a lead foot and IT SUCKS GAS BIG TIME.....if I wanted good fuel economy I would if looked at a Civic...not a 390HP truck.

S.

huntergreen 02-23-2012 11:36 PM

sylster, tell me more about the auto dim on the radio.... tks steve

sylster 02-23-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 731944)
sylster, tell me more about the auto dim on the radio.... tks steve

Not much to say....lights come on....radio dims....lights go off...gets brighter....

I think it's a feature taht can be turned on and off....let me check and I'll chime in later :)

S.

LeKy411 02-24-2012 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Auto dim is in settings in your radio somewhere under display. Once you have that set it should auto dim, if not here is why...... Every car has a dash light intensity dial. The Rams dial is under the headlight switch. It has two notches. Turning it fully left will turn on all cabin lights this is one of the notches. Going one notch to the right will give you full dashboard brightness. If you leave it set on that unfortunetly the radio will not auto dim. Turn the dial to the right past that notch, you may notice a slight dim in the dash and your auto dim on the radio will work.

I had the same issue and it took me a week to figure it out. Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAKEBIT-TX21 (Post 731583)
got 7500 mi. on the new 1500 4x4 Laramie and never been so disappointed in a new vehicle in all my life!!!!
won't spin a tire,won't downshift around a corner when you slow to 20 mph,throttle lag/response is crazy!!!
stereo display will not auto dim at nite. the list goes on!!!!

RansRAM 02-24-2012 12:06 AM

Wow, I have had none of those problems. I can repeat everything that "sylster" stated and more. I can certainly crack the tires loose with no problem, just have to set things up properly. All the electronics on board try hard to prevent you from doing that, just have to turn them off.

sylster 02-24-2012 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the page in the menu setting on the radio.

Hope it helps.

S