DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Posi trac, cold air induction, catback exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=105546)

Hoovie 02-24-2012 12:42 AM

Posi trac, cold air induction, catback exhaust

If you have traction control. posi is a waste of money, even if you turn traction control off, you will have somehing like 45% that will not turn off.
As for cold air induction, you already have it on you truck.

Catback exhaust are good for new noises under you truck. the origeral. have sound deadeners attached to the exhaust pipe.

We made the cold air, & catback to out 2011 and run it om the dyno, lost low end turqe and mpg and power loss at low end.

Do what you want fellows, this is just what we found out.

mttviper 02-24-2012 03:38 AM

http://www.moneyandshit.com/wp-conte...011/04/wat.jpg

Alberto22 02-24-2012 07:03 AM

How can you even make that comment with out backing it up?!?!?!?!?

dezertrunner 02-24-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovie (Post 732010)
If you have traction control. posi is a waste of money, even if you turn traction control off, you will have somehing like 45% that will not turn off.
As for cold air induction, you already have it on you truck.

Catback exhaust are good for new noises under you truck. the origeral. have sound deadeners attached to the exhaust pipe.

We made the cold air, & catback to out 2011 and run it om the dyno, lost low end turqe and mpg and power loss at low end.

Do what you want fellows, this is just what we found out.

Locking rear ends function two ways. 100% engaged, 100% disengaged. That's it. Perhaps you're confusing that with a Limited Slip Differential.

You are correct about the intake though. Most intakes drop low end torque and power on the low end. They shift the power band up higher where you don't really use it anyways. That is precisely why my daily drivers have factory intakes on them, my race truck however has a modified factory airbox.

wvcoolvinilla 02-24-2012 12:11 PM

I am all about your statements with one exception.. first POSI is a GM term and would not have one.. however I have LSD and they do work and they are better than traction control.. traction control is a brake function and even with 4WD only spins two wheels.. give me two going out back everytime. As far as CIA's you are correct.. have seen too many LX's on the dyno.. you get 5 pony's with the CIA on a stock anything (car/truck) and that 5 HP comes in at high RPM.

APSTRAM 02-24-2012 12:50 PM

I just had LSD installed on my 2011 and WOW what a difference it makes. Much better wet traction. No more spinning one tire, now I do not spin them unless I want to.

Hoovie 02-28-2012 12:16 AM

Differential

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezertrunner (Post 732278)
Locking rear ends function two ways. 100% engaged, 100% disengaged. That's it. Perhaps you're confusing that with a Limited Slip Differential.

You are correct about the intake though. Most intakes drop low end torque and power on the low end. They shift the power band up higher where you don't really use it anyways. That is precisely why my daily drivers have factory intakes on them, my race truck however has a modified factory airbox.

My mistake! I was talking about Limited Slip. Traction control and limited slip fight each other. It was installed in my truck this winter and gave me fits! If you try to order a factory Limited Slip from Mopar Parts, the parts computer filters that part number out for the Limited Slip if you have Traction control. You can remove the filter and order the part if you want.

huntergreen 03-06-2012 05:26 PM

often wondered about limited slip and traction control. did not get lsd on my 11 and the one wet snow we had this year, unplowed roads and got to the ski slope just fine. now if i was to bring bring truck off road, i have a jeep for this, i would not want to rely on etc.

SwampDonkey2012 06-15-2012 03:50 PM

Where would I look to see if I have LSD on my 2011? What is the easiest way without ordering a build sheet?

Papadirty 06-16-2012 11:25 PM

How hard is it to "Throw out" the TC on a dodge? As in get rid of it 100%. Wouldn't getting rid of the TC and adding limited slip help a lot? There must be some way to lock it out electronically either with an aftermarket ECU (Do they even make these for rams?) and a full custom tune or with some sort of programmer.

And as far as the CAI goes this is clear, big motors respond bad to CAI's at least from what I've seen, even my old honda only made 7 extra whp after being tuned with a CAI. However what have the results been with shot ram air intakes or drop ins?

As far as catbacks go I've heard a nice bit of good locally, small hp and tq gains. But lets be real, every truck should have a nice rumble, and that's why you get a cat back ;)