DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (
-   -   Dont text and drive people!!! (

hammer horn 02-26-2012 10:48 AM

Dont text and drive people!!!
Was coming home from work on friday after working a graveyard shift in the mine ( Timmins to Hamilton) on the 144 by-pass, when i encountered a lowered focus bouncing of the lines in his lane as he got closer...... now at this point i didnt think much of it, like i could see the light shining on his face from his phone, i knew what he was doing. And dont ya just know he came right into my lane. i layed on the horn but he payed very little attn, i tried to squeeze over to the shoulder so i wouldn't kill this moron, the snow drift on the side grabbed my front tire and pulled me off the road...BANG... right into a rock face, then he drove off while i picked up the pieces of my not even six month old truck. the pass light is completely destroyed in the back, rim is toast, fend needs replacing, bumper cover and bumper rebar both need replacing and grill is cracked. Heres just SOME of the damage,

i ordered the new fender and bumper pieces, looking for wheels now and the grill and head lights will need to wait. I frankenstiened it back together with some old curtain brackets and a sh!t ton of drywall screws for now

RansRAM 02-26-2012 11:07 AM

Oh crap, I'd be pissed. Sorry for the damage just glad your okay. Did you happen to get the plate so you can report this idiot, we have to get them off the road.

hammer horn 02-26-2012 11:13 AM

/\/\ i didnt... as soon as he saw to cloud of snow from my truck and realized what he was really doing i heard him drop a gear and take off through his fuc*ing fart pissed of, thanks for the kind words.

JordanR1500 02-26-2012 12:51 PM

Man that sucks really sorry to hear that just came home from there on thursday. I'd be pissed. I hate seeing people with there eyes looking down. Hopefully he gets karma.

Chunkem 02-26-2012 01:06 PM

Wow brother.. Sorry to hear that...Main thing is that you are all right... I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.. This clown will eventually get caught.... Or he will cause a huge accident that could of be avoided, just like yours.....

Let us know how you make out with the repairs.....

RAMTX 02-26-2012 01:36 PM

I hate when people drive and text.

shq 02-26-2012 02:07 PM

Ouch sorry to hear that man. Hope he'll be in your situation one day.

M.Scipione 02-26-2012 04:21 PM

People suck, put us all in danger due to their carelessness.

Thankfully you weren't hurt.

redlightrico 02-26-2012 04:22 PM

That really sucks. I always make sure to have the mentality "take a little bit of paint with me from the other car". Least then you can prove it wasnt your fault and they have a vehicle to look for.
Hope she's fixed quick hoss

ShawnC13 02-26-2012 04:47 PM

That sucks and this is what you get for trying to get out of the way and not kill him. just isn't fair. Natural instinct to avoid a collision though.