DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   What do you do when it's new (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106394)

InDeepWaterBlue 03-03-2012 02:20 PM

My build, what do you do when it's new

7 Attachment(s)
First I want to acknowledge people like SS4, Moparornocar, Dodgert, JetBlue, Millon9, BlueStreak, snrusnak, and BigHoss for all the info/help/and tutorials they've helped along with. And Cdnoil for making us all wait for him to finish that damn truck!! :LOL:
Let's face it there's a lot of great builds/projects out there and tons of ideas thanks to this awesome Z community.

Not a week after i got this truck I got the mod itch. So far I've added a K&N 77 Series CAI, 8000K Fog & Lo Beams, Bright White Interior LED's and Blue Cargo/Reverse LED's. Tailgate badge and stubby antenna have been color matched, and the rest of the truck was de-badged along with the black window tape being removed.

InDeepWaterBlue 03-03-2012 02:26 PM

Next week a custom true dual exhaust will be set up, H-Pipe, resonator delete and either dual 14" or dual 18" mufflers will be installed. 15% Tint all the way around, and clear frontblinkers are in the mail. Lastly ordered and now waiting on BT to send the engine dress up kit, catch can, and shifter as soon as they can.

Still weighing out the pro's and con's of JBA Vs. AR Headers before I decide on them, and considering swapping out the PCM for an older model '10 so I can tune and SC this beast.

MadSoul87 03-04-2012 06:00 AM

Keep em going man, the itch only gets worse. I started with only wanting to do a CAI and an exhaust, but now I am way beyond that and planning more :LOL:

InDeepWaterBlue 03-04-2012 06:24 AM

Thanks man, I had an 04 and pretty much did everything I wanted to it and now this one is just asking for it every time I look around here. My biggest thing is it's to quiet for me lol. My 04 was loud as hell and I loved it, only had the Magnum 4.7 in it but I had Pace Setter Headers and a True Dual Gibson Exhaust that just made my day, I'll link it below in case you or anyone else want to check it out.

My 2004 Ram, True Dual Exhaust,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rpOF...JQrHtP2NVc_Ays

Your truck looks great as well, you've definitely taken it pretty far from when you first got it, I'll be sure to keep checking that out.

MadSoul87 03-04-2012 05:46 PM

That '04 sounds bad ass man. I can't wait for Thursday to get my Dynatech headers put on. Really can't wait for the spring time to come along so I can do my custom exhaust. I like my Flowmaster AmericanThunder don't get me wrong but then I started playing with some numbers and sketched out a rough design and showed it to my buddy. He got a huge grin on his face and said lets do it. Sticking with the Flowmasters though even with the custom exhaust lol

moparornocar72 03-04-2012 05:52 PM

Thanks for the shout out! Reps for that and for your truck! Ur off to a flying start!

TheSatinPumpkin 03-04-2012 09:08 PM

Looking good..............................

InDeepWaterBlue 03-04-2012 11:54 PM

There's nothing wrong with the Flowmaster's at all, I'd go for them on this truck as well but I'm getting a really good deal on a Magnaflow setup from a buddies shop. No problem Moparornocar you have a great ride and tons of help all over the Z! The truck should look and sound a bit different in a couple of weeks if all goes as planned :D I appreciate it Kay9, it only gets better from here!

CdnoilRAM 03-05-2012 12:09 AM

It's a great start to the mods, and you're doing it a hell of a lot faster than I did :LOL: I wholehartedly endorse the ARH headers, I love my set, top quality, perfect fit, and while they are on the expensive side, the quality is worth every penny. I did have a e-cutout installed right after the y-pipe so now I have a muffled exhaust or what amounts to open headers, so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to exhaust volume. You might want to have a look at it if you're worried that the magnaflow won't be loud enough for your liking.

InDeepWaterBlue 03-05-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 741195)
It's a great start to the mods, and you're doing it a hell of a lot faster than I did :LOL: I wholehartedly endorse the ARH headers, I love my set, top quality, perfect fit, and while they are on the expensive side, the quality is worth every penny. I did have a e-cutout installed right after the y-pipe so now I have a muffled exhaust or what amounts to open headers, so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to exhaust volume. You might want to have a look at it if you're worried that the magnaflow won't be loud enough for your liking.

Glad to hear, one thing that makes me look the other way from them is that insane price lol I've thought about how loud I want the truck to be, I know Magnaflow tends to have a quieter tone but I figured if I opted for a 14" muffler (Vs. the 24" Stock) I could get the best of both worlds. I don't mind having a loud truck I think that's the way their supposed to be, if I wanted quiet I'll get a V6 Charger :LOL: