DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   another ecoboost thread (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106811)

huntergreen 03-07-2012 06:02 PM

another ecoboost thread

just spent some time reading on a ford forum. before i bought my dodge, i did test drive a 150 ecoboost and have been wondering with rising gas prices, if i made the right choice. no doubts any more. we do not have the near the problems they are having, seems my hemi gets better mpg, more comfortable and better looking.

Super12pack 03-07-2012 10:24 PM

not to mention more power. MOST OF ALL OUR TRUCKS DON'T HAVE THAT STUPID BLUE EMBLEM THAT SAY FORD ON IT !!!

CdnoilRAM 03-07-2012 10:39 PM

I happen to love my '09 superduty thank you very much. By far the most reliable work truck I've ever owned, that said, the ecoboost is a brand new engine, it's going to have problems, not to mention the F-150 has never been a bulletproof vehicle to begin with. But every vehicle has its issues, even our.

Butter 03-07-2012 10:44 PM

I talked to a couple of guys that have eco boosts, they bost said it feels a little sluggish at hwy speeds when towing there boat. One tows an 18' and the other a 20' boat....both wish they had went with the 5.0 engine instead.

Shibby927 03-08-2012 04:28 AM

I have two coworkers who both drive the new 5.0L F150s. Both test drove the Ecoboost and didn't like it. Both stated it didn't feel like they were driving a truck. Ford's tried the twin turbo V6 stuff in the past, it never caught on. It might now just because of the economy but I'll still take an n/a V8 over a twin turbo V6 any day in a truck. I wouldn't want to pay to replace a blown turbo out of warranty.

SS4Luck 03-08-2012 05:19 AM

CD, a superduty aint no stinkin F150. There are a few of the ecoturds around here and every time im next to them we give it a go and they just cant hang. I would never brag about a V6 in my TRUCK weather it was FI or not...

Long live the Hemi!!!

snrusnak 03-08-2012 08:52 AM

My biggest problem with the ecoboost F150 isn't the ecoboost engine, it's the F150...

The ecoboost engine seems to be proving reliable so far, and is a great performer. God made turbo's. Turbo's make torque. Torque will make you smile.

All the problems I've seen have had to do with the rest of the truck, not the engine...

HeyBrownDog 03-08-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shibby927 (Post 744192)
I wouldn't want to pay to replace a blown turbo out of warranty.

That was my concern also!

In addition, if this powertrain is so proven and solid why not back it with a similar warranty like Chrysler or GM's with the 5 year / 100k mile warranty? It's a contractual obligation to stand behind a product. Apparently they can't stand behind it. :4-dontknow:

snuffynra 03-08-2012 07:16 PM

my first dodge has become a pain in the @%! ,i would take my f 150 back in a heart beat, 12,000 miles on my ram 2011 ,transmission filter fell out left me stranded had to be towed to dealer., check engine light came on for a few days, they put an o2 sensor in, then the check engine light started again, they put a new pcm in, now week later its on again!!! had the truck for 2 months now , in the shop 4 times? my truck with the blue oval on the front wasnt in that much in 6 years, thought i would try something new.....BIG mistake.

Otterdriver 03-08-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 744241)
My biggest problem with the ecoboost F150 isn't the ecoboost engine, it's the F150...

The ecoboost engine seems to be proving reliable so far, and is a great performer. God made turbo's. Turbo's make torque. Torque will make you smile.

All the problems I've seen have had to do with the rest of the truck, not the engine...

Actually not true....they are having issues with a whole raft of the eco-engines, in top gear running at highway speeds with a miss-fire scenario, and none of the techs have any clue how to fix it.