DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   took a ride to my local ram dealer today! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107044)

mohawk-ram 03-10-2012 02:47 PM

took a ride to my local ram dealer today!

4 Attachment(s)
was bored today so decided to take a ride to the lot and see what they had
and found a new sport parked in the front with some nice tires and what looks to be some kind of lift. so i snapped a couple pic's, anybody have an idea what kind of lift it is?
looks to be a 4' lift,the trucks brand new with 35 toyo's on it.

ShawnC13 03-10-2012 03:01 PM

Not sure what lift but what a great looking Truck

jacksonsnorth 03-10-2012 03:13 PM

That is a very nice truck you posted. Is it a 2012? I would think it would be mopar stuff on it, I dont know if Ram dealers install anything but Mopar parts on their new trucks. I could be wrong though. I was not offered anything but Mopar equipment at my dealership. really like the look of that Ram though.

mohawk-ram 03-10-2012 03:18 PM

yea that's a 2012,and i would think that its all mopar parts to, nice looking truck
i herd someone mention that mopar stuff is actually superlift parts.

jacksonsnorth 03-10-2012 03:31 PM

I believe I have read that here on the Z as well from several threads. I do love Mopar parts I just wish they would make them more realistically priced these days.
I remember back in the 70s and 80s we would not dream oif putting anything but Mopar parts on our cars and trucks. It was a muscle war then, Mopar was founded in early 1937 and people who became fans, were die hard fans. It seems like nowadays make a part to fit Chrysler/Dodge products, call it Mopar, and jack the price....Maybe its just me :)

5280RAM 03-11-2012 07:46 AM

Its probably leveled and a body lift. My local dealer does that all the time when they are slow and the parts dept is bored. I asked about a couple of the trucks they had lifted and the parts guy told me that they use a bolt on body lift kit?? I had no idea what he was talking about tho lol

SS4Luck 03-11-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280RAM (Post 747021)
Its probably leveled and a body lift. My local dealer does that all the time when they are slow and the parts dept is bored. I asked about a couple of the trucks they had lifted and the parts guy told me that they use a bolt on body lift kit?? I had no idea what he was talking about tho lol

when you body lift a truck you put spacers inbetween the cab/bed and the frame. They usually just all bolt together :smileup: