DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Don't be narrow minded! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107521)

Bikenut 03-14-2012 11:05 PM

Don't be narrow minded!

So I sold my 2004 Duramax to buy this RAM. I have always been a Chevy guy but I am always Wide Open minded when I go to buy a new vehicle. Thank goodness for that or I wouldn't have this SWEEET ass RAM.

Anyway, I have been listing my old parts from my chevy on Craigs. I had a guy come over today to buy some and I could totally tell he was dissing on my new RAM even though he had a 03' Chevy. Whatever. He has a narrow mind and no clue how fantastic the New RAMs are and wouldn't even consider another vehicle. I truely believe RAM and Chrysler is on the up-swing and am a proud owner. I hope all the other newcommers feel the same. That is all. :smileup:

Super12pack 03-14-2012 11:10 PM

I was a hardcore Chevy guy! look back to say 2001 and Chevy is the best by a good amount, and Dodge was way behind. Now however i had to buy the ram, it is awsome and Chevy fell behind.

vikings 03-14-2012 11:33 PM

My wife was always Chevy Chevy Chevy, but then we drove the 2011 Ram and it was all over! Now we have 2011 and 2012 Ram trucks, and not looking back.... some couples have his and her towels, we have his and her RAMS!

chefred112 03-14-2012 11:41 PM

very nice fellas!!!!

ShawnC13 03-14-2012 11:50 PM

Have been reading a lot of stories like this lately. This is my first truck and I have to admit I didn't even consider another Manufacturer. Mine is the 6 Ram in the family and 9th overall

snrusnak 03-14-2012 11:53 PM

Sweet! Also a GM guy here, but after seeing all my friends with 2nd and 3rd gen rams, and then my family members with 3rd and 4th gen rams, and how well they hold up and how great they are, I also didn't consider any other truck.

ridgerunnerseoinc 03-15-2012 09:12 AM

I've been a Chevy guy for yrs. and owned many of them. I still have my 1990 F150 and love it even though the frame rails are bent due to a wreck. It's been delegated to hauling firewood. When choosing a replacement I wanted a 4 door 3/4 ton truck with an 8ft bed and solid front axle. That ruled out a Chevy (axle). Couldn't find a Ford in my price range so I got a Dodge 2500 and have been pretty happy with it so far. I also didn't like that Chevy/GM took the bail out $. IMO they should have gone under.

snrusnak 03-15-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

I also didn't like that Chevy/GM took the bail out $. IMO they should have gone under.
You know chrysler was bailed out also, right?

ProDodge 03-15-2012 09:14 AM

All truck have the problems.............

Pick what works for U as there is no perfect truck out there.

From A Mechanic's point of view

Butter 03-15-2012 09:38 AM

I have never considered myself "brand loyal" but I have been driving a Chevy since the early 90's until this Ram. When I started shopping I gave Chevy, Ford,Toyota, and Dodge a test drive and in the end I'm still happy with my choice!